Output Options for the Studio ....

grrr_me_scary

I recently purchased the Studio and I have really come to enjoy using it in different ways.

I get to crank my Mesa Mark V and get that killer sound in my "headphones" that I have heard at practice but not at home where volume is an issue :)

I find myself playing for hours!!!

I have tried various preamps (Triaxis and JMP1) with and without their designated power amp and I really like the use of the optional power amps.

I have not used the Studio to record yet (I plan to try it later this week).

My concerns/issues is that I have found I get really great sounds/tones using the Studio this way but every time it was with headphones and when I tried using other listening devices it didn't sound as good as it did with the headphones.

I want to get that cranked sound quality but at low level listening volumes like I can with the headphones.

I tried a Friedman ASM-12 500-watt 1x12" Active Modeler/Profiler Monitor (these sound pretty good with my AXE FX II) and PreSonus Eris E8 studio monitors using the output in the back of the Studio and it just didn't come close to the same quality as it did with the headphones so I need to figure out how to get the quality at a low listening volume through another avenue since I stop playing after a few minutes :-(

It's just too hot right now to keep wearing the headphones and I want others to hear what I am hearing in the headphones.

Any advice/suggestions?

Thank you for any help/suggestions :)

The Studio is a stereo unit in 2 ways. Your headphone experience is benefiting from both of these aspects:

1) there are 2 unique speaker/ mic / mic placement emulations per patch. These can be hard panned or blended in any mix in stereo ie both levels and panning per emulation.

2) since the latest firmware, which is free and likely already in your unit, there is a pro grade stereo reverb effect process available for sweetening the sound

In your headphones, you are getting the full imersive glory of the stereo possibilities. With a mono out to an FRFR monitor, your are only getting a mono signal and perhaps even only hearing one of the two simulations depending on your settings. If you are in stereo and the results are not satisfactory, you most likely have a level match issue between the Torpedo outputs and the input settings on your monitors that may be clipping. Please provide more details of your setup.

Back