Feature Request For CAB/LIVE...

djd100

...which is a wet/dry mix control for the cab sim. Easy, no?

The purpose is to be able to run a Two Notes cab sim or IR when using the CAB/LIVE with physical guitar cabs.

Sometimes one can give one's physical cab some sonic qualities of a different cab/speaker by mixing in some virtual cab sim, though of course if you use too much it's serial cab sims which doesn't work well at all LOL!

Since I rely on my Two Notes tube power amp sims live (with my various high voltage tube preamps and/or my Axe FX Ultra's amp models), I'd love to give my physical guitar cabs some different flavors by mixing in some cab sim as well.

Merci!

Salut Doug,

When using a normal cabinet, it's the same with any of our products, the sound comes form the amp totally unaffected. In other words, the simulation processor is not related to the Speaker THRU output (it's a hardwired bypass).

What you would like maybe is something that makes your real cabinet sounds like something different, I'll tell you right away, that's not trivial and the Torpedo products can't do that for now. ;)

Hi Guillaume, comment sa va?

To be clear, I'm asking for a Wet/Dry mix control for the LIVE/CAB's Miking Section (cab sim), that of course only effects the Line Out. This is similar to the WOS III plugin which has a Wet/Dry mix control in it's Miking Section.

This has nothing to do with the speaker outs/throughs for the applicable hardware products.

Merci!

Hey Doug,

I guess the fact that you talked about the physical guitar cab lead me on the wrong path. Actually i'm not sure I see how you hook up the Torpedo Live and your real cabinet (do you have some kind of power amp?).

Anyway, a dry/wet is always interesting you're right, I use it a lot on clean tones to add some kind of "acoustic guitar" flavour. I dunno if we'll add that to the Live, it may stay one of those options that differentiate the big brother Studio from the little brother Live .;)

Hi Guillaume...

I typically run my various tube preamps and my Torpedo CAB in my Axe FX's FX Loop, with the CAB doing tube power amp sim at minimum if using physical cabs via solid state Class A power, or tube power amp sim and cab sim when going mono DI. I'll sometimes use the Axe's IR's if I need stereo cab sims live as well. Typically I'll use WOS in the studio while I primarily use the CAB mono for live performance.

I have a 4U rack that's full so no TN Studio for me as I live in the hills above San Francisco Bay, and it's two flights of stairs up to my home studio. I'm afraid I'm too old, and have already had too many knee surgeries (2), to be hauling anything bigger and heavier than that 4U rack up my home's front stairs (though thanks to Two Notes my heavy tube amps and guitar cabs cab can stay in the garage or at my Project Studio, which is flat LOL!)!

The custom 50W RM2 and Axe FX in the 4U rolling rack (about 16kg)...

...and here's an example with the two tube custom MTS preamps and CAB in the Axe's FX Loop, with the two preamps being switched/mixed by the Axe FX...

Hopefully you'll reconsider it, S'il vous plaît, S'il vous plaît LOL! :cry:

Merci! :LOL: :LOL:

guillaume_pille":1kdtp27b said:
Hey Doug,

I guess the fact that you talked about the physical guitar cab lead me on the wrong path. Actually i'm not sure I see how you hook up the Torpedo Live and your real cabinet (do you have some kind of power amp?).

Anyway, a dry/wet is always interesting you're right, I use it a lot on clean tones to add some kind of "acoustic guitar" flavour. I dunno if we'll add that to the Live, it may stay one of those options that differentiate the big brother Studio from the little brother Live .;)

Merci (fingers crossed!) :2thumbsup:

guillaume_pille":pg5f2hji said:
Ok it's not on the feature list for the next update for CAB and Live, but I'll ask my guys, can't promise anything though.

Back