Captor Question

future2future

Hi,

i've just ordered a Captor, excited and looking forward to using it! I have a question about using the speaker outs: Does the speaker need to have the same ohm as the Captor? I've ordered the 8 ohm, does the cab i'm using also have to be 8 ohm? Or can it be any ohmage?

Thanks in advance!

Hi future2future,

the value of the Captor is the loadbox ohmage.

If you are using a cabinet plugged into the THRU jack, your amp will only see that cabinet's impedance.

In other words you can use a 4 or 16 Ohms cabinets, but your amp must be set to match 4 or 16, same value as the cabinet. ;)

So, If there is NO cabinet attached the Amp must be set to the value of the Captor? Is this the way the Captor provide silent recording?
And if a cabinet is attached to the Captor the Ohmage of the Cabinet has to be selected on the Poweramp?

Thanks for your reply. Does this also applies to the attenuated speaker output?

Nope, in that case the amp impedance must match the Captor's impedance. 8 Ohms amp output on an 8 Ohms captor.

So, If there is NO cabinet attached the Amp must be set to the value of the Captor? Is this the way the Captor provide silent recording?

Absolutely.

And if a cabinet is attached to the Captor the Ohmage of the Cabinet has to be selected on the Poweramp?

That is right.

We have almost finished the Captor user's manual, if you wanna take a look and possibly ask for more precision, any input is welcome:

http://wiki.two-notes.com/doku.php?id=torpedo_captor:torpedo_captor_user_s_manual

Can't wait for the release but before i get one, I have a peavey ValveKing 100 mk1 Back of the head says minimum impedance 4ohms but then has a selector switch for 4, 8 and 16ohms, i'd need it for silent recording and maybe live use for small venues, which captor should i order?

Cheers Guys!! :rock:

They will all work, but take the 8 Ohms which will be the most "standard" and will work with pretty much any amp in case you decide to change your Peavey. ;)

Back