Please explain the mechanism of "DISTANCE" and "CENTER".

NakajimaYusuke2

Hi, I bought "The Kalthallen Collection" as my first virtual cabinets and started using Torpedo Wall Of Sound Plug-In. :rock:
I have a little question about MIKING section of it.

There are "DISTANCE" and "CENTER" knobs in Miking section.
Of course, I understand the function of these knobs and how they affect the sound.

But I don't know these mechanisms. :bash: What kind of technology has achieved this effect?
Cross fading of multiple IR data? Or is it something similar to EQ or filter?

In the case of ordinary IR, I can only choose distance and position from prepared few options.
But Torpedo Wall Of Sound can adjust these parameter at between 0% and 100%. I can fine-tune it. :shocked:
So, I think these are something special.

Hi NakajimaYusuke2,

well that's actually what makes Two notes special for nearly 10 years now. ^^

We do what we call IR synthesis. We do many captures of a kind of IR (we actually don't really use IR but what we call Kernels, which is a slightly different technology) and calculate the in-between position.

That algorithm has changed over the years as we refine it to make it always a little bit closer to the truth. ;)

Thank you. I am not an expert but it seems to be great. :rawk:

Also, I have found another special feature.
WOS can easily change mic model or cab model without changing "Distance" and "Center" parameters.
It seems like a matter of course, but I felt it is special and convenient. :2thumbsup:
Currenty, such an operation is cumbersome with a ordinary file selection type IR loader. :aww:
Thank you for a wonderful product. I will use this a lot. :m17:

I'm living in Japan. In my country, Two Notes hardware products are already properly famous. :clap:
I hope that WOS plug-in will spread as well. I will boast about this to my friends. :D

It's good to know that people know us there, I feel like most customers in Japan ignore our huge virtual cabinets library, or maybe it's the language barrier, or the Euro currency to buy them, or both....

Back