Torpedo Reload are stealing my gain

MrFlexx

I use the Torpedo Reload and I really like that I can do sislent recording and lower the volume of my amp working hard. But one thing I don't like is that it seem to "steal" the gain from the amp. How come? Using my 2 ENGL amps "Powerball 2" and "Retro Tube 100" it's not as pronounced as with my Friedman Smallbox. I ran the gain fairly low on my ENGL's with the gain set to approx 9 o'clock and it sounds almost identical to when using my real cabs. On my Friedman I set the gain on ch.1 at approx 2 o'clock and ch.2 at approx 11 o'clock when using a real cab and it delivers plenty of gain...but when using the Reload I can't even get close to the amount of gain on either channel even if I crank the gain all the way up. It's this way even if I attenuate the amp using a real cab or using the Reload Output into my Apollo interface into my DAW using WoS. How come?

Hi MrFlexx,

that's a curious issue I must say, do you think you could provide us some sound samples of both cases, miking with just amp and Cab and one with the Reload in between? So we can hear what is wrong?

Back