Patchbays and Torpedo Live

patriciogeijo

Hello guys,

First post here. I recently acquired a Two Notes Torpedo Live, and I find very bottersome having to go back and forth connecting and disconnecting the different amps and pre amps Im using with it. I was planning on getting a patchbay (a Behringer PX3000), but the FAQ says that when you plugs a jack in the line input the amp imput gets cut off.

Is there a way to solve this? Because this will defeat the porpouse of having the possibility of using the patchbay and having everything connected at once, and just patching it from the front of muy setup.

Also, do you thing the Behringer woud degrade in some way my signal flow?

Thanks!

PS Sorry about my english.

Hi patriciogeijo,

it's hard to work with the Torpedo Live and a patch bay. I am afraid the Torpedo Live was designed to be used with one amp (or one preamp) and onstage (so usually you don't switch amps and preamps on the fly).

We actually offer a product that can interface well with a patchbay in a studio environment, the Torpedo Studio.

OR you would need an amp switcher and use the Torpedo Live as the unique cabinet. Ampete makes some great amp switchers, we have a couple of 88S and a remote in our demo studio.

Thanks for the response! I guess I´ll think of upgrading to a Torpedo Studio in the future, when my wallet allows it! For now, Im really enjoying the Torpedo Live.

Back