Rig-Talk

Guitars, Gear, Tone!
It is currently Thu, Dec 14, 2017 11:33pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 27, 2017 2:44pm 
Hack

I'm trying to build a pedal board that kan do the job without an amp when I'm on the road.
I've just got my hands on the Le Clean and the Torpedo CAB.
My goal is crispy fender cleans but with the compression thats typical for a slightly overdriven Fender blackface/silverface amp.
My wish is to connect the torpedo cab to front of house.
I tried it in a live situation this saturday but I was not impressed. I have a TS808 and a boss tremolo before the Le Clean that goes to the Torpedo CAB. The sound was "ice picky". The highs were unplessant

I get lost in the Torpedo so I would really like some help with the settings on the two Two Note pedals.

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 04, 2017 6:50am 
Hack

It can be a PA system issue (too trebly, need to compensate on mixer eq), I've faced this effect in a studio. On the other hand it's a matter of a right cab/mic/position choice. Maybe you need to tweak the volume or presence up in poweramp section of Torpedo. Or use the built-in EQ and cut some highs (6 kHz, -3 to -7 db). Hope it'll help. ;) Simulators ALWAYS sound different at home, in studio or live, that's why it's important to compensate the spectrum. And use 6L6 tubes for Fender tones, try single ended emulation instead of push-pull. Triode mode is more soft on high frequencies, try it too. :yes: Saturate your highs instead of overboosting them with an EQ or treble control on Le Preamp.

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 11, 2017 4:14am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

RockPatte you will need to spend some time with the Torpedo remote and create you own presets. The A and B channel presets for Le Clean on the Torpedo CAB are a good start but may not work for everybody (like any preset on any product, to be honest).

Can you at least find something that works in your headphones or in your monitors at home before trying to create something for the PA system?

Creating pro audio product for the guitar and bass players:
Follow us on Youtube and Facebook
Two Notes samples on Soundcloud

For the best support, please check the FAQ and create a ticket on the Two Notes Help Desk