two notes captor adapter/phantom power

reaxis

Hi, I have a few questions for the 8 ohm captor I just received.

"48v phantom or 9 to 24vdc 5ma"
i have no idea what this means, and the instructions don't elaborate enough for me.

what is it? why is this needed? My unit did not come with an adaptor. what kind do I get? this unit always needs power to work, yes?

any info would be helpful. thank you!

Hi reaxis, I will quote the manual and explain better:

The DI output is active: it needs a power supply to work. The simplest way to power the DI output is to use the 48V phantom power from the mic input. Alternatively, you can use an optional power adapter.

Most microphone preamplifiers offer the possibility to provide a +48V, that is useful for condenser microphones, or most active DIs:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantom_power

So, the Captor is passive, the line output, the ATT output, the loadbox or the fan do not need a power supply.

The XLR DI Active output and speakersim need a power supply. ;)

i see, very interesting. so what you are saying is the xlr output - which allows the signal to go straight into a daw, with no simulation/guitar/or bass, needs some boosting power.

I can use the 48v phantom button on my old interface, or.. buy an adapter?

can I just use a standard 9v boss/pedal wall wart adapter?

If I wanted to play out at a gig, and bring the captor and go straight into the board using the captor speaker sim, will it be very likely that the sound guy will have phantom power?

thank you for answering my questions!

I can use the 48v phantom button on my old interface

Yes

can I just use a standard 9v boss/pedal wall wart adapter?

Yes, just make sure the polarity is the same as what we need for the captor (check the product and/or manual)

If I wanted to play out at a gig, and bring the captor and go straight into the board using the captor speaker sim, will it be very likely that the sound guy will have phantom power?

If the "sound guy" doesn't know about phantom power, RUN!

thank you so much for the info!! This is my third two notes product. Im settling on this one because the others were a bit too much for me in terms of cab choice. Having one built in an attenuator is exactly what I was looking for. in addition to all the bonuses in this unit. thank you.

Back