Torpedo Studio - advanced options

bbk

Hello

Last days I was testing Torpedo Live and I am really suprised how faithful it sounds, comparing to real cab. So much that I am thinking about ordering Studio. I am focused on creating my own presets and I have some questions:

1. Studio offers nonlinear impulses, what helps to capture level and distortion dependent details - can I create that type of IRs by myself with Studio and BlendIR?
2. Studio allow to use two impulses "per side" - does that function works with 3rd party impulses or captured by BlendIR?
3. Is it possible to create at home/studio, multi layered presets with bunch of similar IRs and after than shaping sound with WoS user interface / mic distance, axis, etc?/
4. Is it possible to use Power Amp simulation only for A or B section?

Best regards
Bart

Hi Bart, I have some good news for you. ^^

1. Studio offers nonlinear impulses, what helps to capture level and distortion dependent details - can I create that type of IRs by myself with Studio and BlendIR?

Yes, but you won't be able to move the microphone in the virtual room.

2. Studio allow to use two impulses "per side" - does that function works with 3rd party impulses or captured by BlendIR?

Yes

3. Is it possible to create at home/studio, multi layered presets with bunch of similar IRs and after than shaping sound with WoS user interface / mic distance, axis, etc?/

I'm afraid I don't understand that question. You can create a preset with your Torpedo Studio, open it in WoS. But WoS can have up to 50 channels (100 IRs), Studio is limited to 2.

4. Is it possible to use Power Amp simulation only for A or B section?

Yes, the A and B channel are independent, you can choose to link some parameters, or have them totally different (different reverb, EQ, mic, cab, power amp...).

guillaume_pille":1jbkvvxm said:
Hi Bart, I have some good news for you. ^^

Hello. Thank You for answers!

Yes, but you won't be able to move the microphone in the virtual room.

Is it just different signal tone set generated by Studio or completely different procedure of capturing IRs?
Does overdrive knob, in virtual room, work for captured IRs?

I'm afraid I don't understand that question. You can create a preset with your Torpedo Studio, open it in WoS. But WoS can have up to 50 channels (100 IRs), Studio is limited to 2.

Sorry, let me rephrase.
Can user create preset, similar to factory preset which contains a lot of small changes like a distance, on-off axis etc... and make it tweakable via virtual room interface?

Regards
Bart

Is it just different signal tone set generated by Studio or completely different procedure of capturing IRs?
Does overdrive knob, in virtual room, work for captured IRs?

It's a different procedure, with the same kind of signals but various positions in the room.

The capture you can make with BlendIR will give you access to the overload parameter. To make it effective, it's better to push enough level into the cabinet so it starts reacting a little. ;) We recommend "rehearsal level", like if you were playing next to a drummer for example.

Can user create preset, similar to factory preset which contains a lot of small changes like a distance, on-off axis etc... and make it tweakable via virtual room interface?

you cannot play with the mic placement (distance, axis) with a "simple" .tur file created in BlendIR, it's the same with 3rd party IRs in .wav format. Only the Two notes virtual cabinets format has that ability.

Back