Rig-Talk

Guitars, Gear, Tone!
It is currently Thu, Aug 16, 2018 10:50am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Captor/C.A.B. Combo
PostPosted: Fri, Dec 22, 2017 10:38pm 
Offline
Hack

Joined: Fri, Dec 22, 2017 9:19pm
Posts: 1
Are you human?: 951
I’ve owned a Captor for about 2 months now and have been using it with my DAW for recording. Works great. I decided to purchase a C.A.B. for live use. I’m using Torpedo Remote to set up the C.A.B. I’m running a real head/cab. I have the Captor placed between them. I am running from the line out of the Captor into the C.A.B. I have few questions.

1) Where should the levels hit on the input and output meters on Remote for optimal sound? From what I’ve seen online it should be around the yellows/greens. I’m colorblind so I believe that is about halfway up the meter (not sure of the actual number on the meter).

2) Obviously there is no input level knob so I’m just using the line out level from the Captor to control the input level of the C.A.B. Is that correct?

3) I am wanting to send the C.A.B. signal to FOH at line level but we are running an in-ear system so all of our signals go into a splitter box that sends the signals to our IEM system and a split to FOH. All of the inputs on that splitter are XLR so what is the best way to convert the line level output back to mic level? DI box like a RapcoHorizon DBBlox or something like the Whirlwind IMP Pad? Suggestions?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Captor/C.A.B. Combo
PostPosted: Tue, Jan 02, 2018 9:16am 
Offline
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Tue, Feb 22, 2011 3:43am
Posts: 1811
Location: France
Are you human?: 951
Hi r1zzo,

Quote:
1) Where should the levels hit on the input and output meters on Remote for optimal sound? From what I’ve seen online it should be around the yellows/greens. I’m colorblind so I believe that is about halfway up the meter (not sure of the actual number on the meter).


The orange zone starts at -12dB, but you're safe as long as you don't hit the red too much.

Quote:
2) Obviously there is no input level knob so I’m just using the line out level from the Captor to control the input level of the C.A.B. Is that correct?


That is correct.

Quote:
3) I am wanting to send the C.A.B. signal to FOH at line level but we are running an in-ear system so all of our signals go into a splitter box that sends the signals to our IEM system and a split to FOH. All of the inputs on that splitter are XLR so what is the best way to convert the line level output back to mic level? DI box like a RapcoHorizon DBBlox or something like the Whirlwind IMP Pad? Suggestions?


I don't see the need to convert to a wicker level, just use a jack TRS -> XLR cable and you're good to go! Or put a DI between the CAB and the splitter, if you want more insulation from the rest of the chain (useless if the splitter is a proper transformer insulated splitter).

_________________
Affiliation: President @ OROSYS SAS, owner of Two Notes Audio Engineering

Creating pro audio product for the guitar and bass players:
Website : Two Notes Audio Engineering
Follow us on Youtube and Facebook
Two Notes samples on Soundcloud

For the best support, please check the FAQ and create a ticket on the Two Notes Help Desk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group - Terms of Use