Total Noob Questions

xTHxGrizzly

So i purchased the Torpedo Live a few months ago, haven't really had time to dig into it to much but im still trying to figure a lot out with it and maybe someone here can help put me on the right path.

I know the Thru output on the unit bypasses the loadbox, which would basically be giving me a speaker sim for my cab while still playing at ear splitting levels with my amp, I have the Victory VX Kraken and when playing at home I have to try and keep it under 1 on the Master volume, thought something like the two notes live would work for me but found i hate playing with headphones on, is there a way i can go from Guitar > Amp > Two Notes > Speaker and have it at a comfortable level?

I know that it can't be used with my cab which isn't what im looking for i guess, just a speaker setup like monitors instead of headphones. is that what the spdif output it for? what would i need in order to do that?

There is a line out jack on the Live, this is your output for the monitors, SPDIF is digital out so it needs an interface or converter to work with monitors.

You just need a usual TS or TRS cable, and you are set to go.

I have cheap monitors as I play mostly on headphones, and my way of playing on monitors was to plug line out from Torpedo to a Stereo reverb pedal so then you have true stereo signal to feed both monitors at same time.

The whole point of playing torpedo at home is the ability to crank the amp and listen at comfortable and neighbor friendly volumes, just buy monitor and you are there :)

This worked amazing for me, everything sounds great granted i didn’t do the reverb pedal so I’m only playing out one monitor now. At first i was worried, it sounded like total garbage awful humming super muddy sounding couldn’t figure it out, ends up i had the amp plugged into a outlet with a bad ground moved everything around and it couldn’t sound better.

Back