Torpedo Captor 8Ohm - Question

JConstantineLV

Is there any way to have the Cab simulation turned on with the Captor, and still record the direct signal from the amp? Tried using the Line Dry output but it still has the cab simulation turned on. I would like to be able to have the cab sim on for the XLR out and a direct from the head to my interface to use Wall Of Sound on. Im using a 5153 50w and have work around using the preamp out, but would really like to use the Captor on its own.

Hello,

The Line Dry Output has no speaker simulation, that's 100% sure. Actually, it has no processing whatsoever. And it is passive (doesn't need a power supply), whereas the speaker simulation is active (needs a power supply). Try not powering up the Captor (unplug the XLR and the external power supply if you used one), you'll see the Line output is still working.

Maybe you mixed up the connection or the monitoring options of the inputs on your sound interface ?

Ok i guess i am a bit confused.

I am looking to have the Cabinet sim on the unit active, and have the line out be 100% dry raw amp signal. When i set the switch to "GTR" in the speaker sim section both outputs (XLR and LINE) have the speaker sim on.

EDIT -

When i tried it yesterday i swore I had both outputs doing the Speaker sim. I was wrong. Its working how I need it too but it has to be powered in order for it to work.

Back