Cooling Fan - Captor

STIX_yr

Hi There,

I've just purchased the Captor (8 ohm). Im running a few amp's (15 -20 watt) into the the input (red) at the back and using the 'balanced line output' on the front into my focusrite interface.

From what I have gathered it seems the fan isn't active when using the captor in the above way. My question is is this ok? or does the fan need to be active to keep the captor from over-heating. If so should I find 9v DC to power the fan?

Thanks Ben

*Apologies if this is a silly question*

Fan will only kick on when the unit needs to cool down. You arent driving it hard enough with a 20 watt amp for it to really heat up in a significant way. Its rated at 100w and you are way below that. My 50w barely gets the fan going unless I really have it cranking.

Good question. I was curious about the opposite actually. I'm running a 100 watt Orange OR100 head into mine and the fan is working quite hard and it gets fairly loud. The captor is incredible, just wondering if thats normal.

Hi scottjpsmith, 100W is the max that captor can take care of, and it's probable that you amp is able to output more than that, so having the fan running fast is not really a surprise. It's a pretty small box.

On our bigger units like reload and Studio, we have more room, and a larger fan that we can have running at a lower speed. ;)

Back