Firmware update for torpedo live

Bigshredder

Hi, I have a question about the new firmware for the torpedo live. It´s said that the 3:d party IR length would increase to 40ms. Is that the case for the .Tur files also? Cuz I have a lot of IR that I made myself and they are TUR-files and I would love for them to have a bit more length. Also will there be any difference to the latency after the update? And do you have any date that it will be available for us consumers?

The new processing will be extended to all our files, without having to change them in any way.

We actually rewrote the entire convolution algorithm.

There will be a slight increase in the latency, from 1.7 to 1.9ms, analog in to analog out. That's not noticeable when playing, don't worry about that.

The Beta should be ready at the end of March, we look at another month of bugfix before the final release.

But the Beta will already be perfectly functional on the Torpedo side, it's usually the Torpedo Remote that needs polishing.

guillaume_pille":yc4b83ix said:
The new processing will be extended to all our files, without having to change them in any way.

There will be a slight increase in the latency, from 1.7 to 1.9ms, analog in to analog out. That's not noticeable when playing, don't worry about that.

The Beta should be ready at the end of March, we look at another month of bugfix before the final release.

But the Beta will already be perfectly functional on the Torpedo side, it's usually the Torpedo Remote that needs polishing.

Ok. Thanks Guillaume. Thats really good to know.
But I have to say that I submitted a ticket about this at first and when I didn’t get any answer I posted this thread here. And the guy who answered the ticket wrote completely different drom what you wrote. He said that thet didn’t know if the latency would be affected and it could go both wats (either decrease or increase) and that the tur-files I have created not be affected and I would have to make new IR in the new blendir that is coming out. And he didn’t even answer the question about the release time so I ask again and he wrote “a few weeks”. This is actually really bad when you create a ticket and a support guy can’t answer any of the questions but clearly there is info about it since you have the info. I have an 6 month old ticket about blendir also that never has been addressed despite the fact that I have tried checking up on it a few times and wrote about it on this forum. Just gave up hope on that program.

You talked to Bruno, the man in charge of the firmware development.

He is currently working on the soft, so from one day to the other, things actually change.

Truth is I usually advertise for the worst case scenario so nobody is disappointed. As a matter of fact, the work on the latency is still in progress, same with the Remote which is a HUGE work because we just rebuild it from the ground up. I aim at April, and it's definitely "in a few weeks". ;)

Regarding the .tur files, we talk about different things: the new processing will handle them like longer files, even if they are actually still as short as today. It's a technique called zero padding, which increases the resolution without changing the actual IR size. Sorry to be that technical, but Bruno and I are both saying the same thing, just differently. :)

If the .tur needs to be longer, it will have to be re-captured, but whether you do it or not the new processing will consider it's 40ms long.

For BlendIR, please give me the ticket number I will take a look at it. We have plans to work on it but not anytime soon, we need first to get a bunch of new functions working on all the digital Torpedo including WoS first.

guillaume_pille":1l147qbo said:
You talked to Bruno, the man in charge of the firmware development.

He is currently working on the soft, so from one day to the other, things actually change.

Truth is I usually advertise for the worst case scenario so nobody is disappointed. As a matter of fact, the work on the latency is still in progress, same with the Remote which is a HUGE work because we just rebuild it from the ground up. I aim at April, and it's definitely "in a few weeks". ;)

Regarding the .tur files, we talk about different things: the new processing will handle them like longer files, even if they are actually still as short as today. It's a technique called zero padding, which increases the resolution without changing the actual IR size. Sorry to be that technical, but Bruno and I are both saying the same thing, just differently. :)

If the .tur needs to be longer, it will have to be re-captured, but whether you do it or not the new processing will consider it's 40ms long.

For BlendIR, please give me the ticket number I will take a look at it. We have plans to work on it but not anytime soon, we need first to get a bunch of new functions working on all the digital Torpedo including WoS first.

Ok. But will it be any audible difference if I use my tur-files when the new firmware is released?
The thing about the blendir is that I was trying to create a bunch of IR this summer on my spare time but it keept crashing and some faders didn’t work so I ended up deleting the software. And I see no reason to use it if you plan to release a new one that fits the new software. So it’s all good there but I was bit let down this summer when I was trying to create new files. Ended ut using tone matching instead.

Ok. But will it be any audible difference if I use my tur-files when the new firmware is released?

Well we can measure a difference, but as most of it happens in the extreme low end, it depends on your system to be able to reproduce it. It will be subtle anyway.

If you contacted us in August, because it's usually the time of the year we close the company, that could explain a lot. BlendiR, after all these years, is still a Beta that needs to get a proper release. We know of a lot of issues and we plan to fix them, but first we need the new Remote and WoS to be out. ;)

As I understand the new firmware will allow 2 mics to be selected. Will we be able to split 1 to line out and 1 to Spdif or I am asking too much?

Hi jarvss, that would mean the Live is capable of processing 2 independent channel, and sadly that is not the case. The Torpedo Studio can do that. ;)

np

It is already possible to some degree with Live on a pc by sending the Live cab via audio and send the spdif raw signal to WoS. Or just use WoS. I just prefer to use Live cab with the pc as it’s one less thing to cause latency.

You can already do that, just change the output mode (in the setup parameters) to dry/wet or Wet/dry, I never know, and that should work.

guillaume_pille":oz53zce7 said:

Great news. Looking forward to this :thumbsup:

Back