Captor fuzziness

minkyukang

Hi folks,

I have received a Captor today and have been playing around with it with Vox AC30H2. I am getting this fuzziness and I lost the headroom immediately which doesn't sound like that at all in real life. I have made sure there is no clipping and tried all sorts of different output level from Captor (of course, 9 and 12 o'clock) but I have had no luck with it. I saw an youtube clip saying if the volume from the amp is too loud you might get this fuzziness but having no master volume on my amp it's not possible to control the master volume.... Is it normal to have this kind of symptom when you have an amp without master volume?

Cheers
MK

Hi minkyukang,

do you think it would be possible for you to share some sound samples with us so we hear what you talk about? That is not an issue we're aware of. It's a normal behavior when an amp is pushed really hard to compress, distort and sometimes die (contrary to a popular believe, amps are NOT designed to be blasted all the time), so beware of our hard you push the gain if you don't have a master volume...

Hi guillaume_pille,

I will try to put up some clips later this weekend. I didn't even try to push the amp hard. The clipping like fuzziness happens throughout the entire gain stage of the amp.

Hmmm, that's strange, but yes please post some samples, that's always the best way to get an idea about what's going on. Definitely not a side effect of using a Captor.

Back