Live vs Reload - I need help!

reinholderx

Currently tossing up between the Live and the Reload and having a tough time making a decision. I'm very much a noob when it comes to these products so please excuse what might be stupid questions, but hopefully someone can help.

Does the Reload do everything that the Live does with the difference being that the Reload relies on running the WoS plugin via your DAW?

On the Live page is says the input impedance is 8 Ohms where as the Reload has adjustable impedance of 4, 8 and 16 ohms. Does being limited to 8 ohms cause any problems?

In terms of how I'd use it, whatever unit I decide on will only be used at home for recording and general play (to avoid being kicked out of my house :p). I have an old 100watt Marshall head, old JMP1 preamp and couple of lunch box heads that I'd be using with it. I'm already using Logic Pro X etc as well. I'm currently leaning toward the Reload as from my very basic understanding it seems to give me more options and the attenuator function also appeals to me. I like the idea of still being able to plug an amp in to a cab like that I guess.

I’ve had a lot of amps and they all had an 8ohm option
ReLoad is cool for reamping
Live works great in my studio because my cpu sucks lol

crankyrayhanky":3moe525d said:
ReLoad is cool for reamping
Live works great in my studio because my cpu sucks lol

Do you mean that the reload can do the same job as the live if you have a cpu that can support the plugin?

if you don't want a rack unit with standalone processing to carry with you on stage and have a very food soundcard and good computer, yes you can do similar things with your reload, no problem.

Back