Torpedo vs. Wall of sound plugin if I have an RME interface?

rllr

Hi there, I've been trying to read through specs and whatnot, but I can't seem to find a great answer to this.

I love the cab and power amp sim options that two notes offers and I am curious if, for strict studio recording with a pre-amp, there is anything I am missing out on (other than offloading some CPU processing to hardware) by using the Wall of Sound plugin vs. the Torpedo live or studio.

I currently run my guitar or bass through a pre-amp into my RME Fireface UCX. As far as I can tell, unless I start using something with a power section where I need the loadbox, or want to start taking my rig on the road, the Torpedo stuff would be largely redundant vs. simply using the Wall of Sound VST? For my use-case are there any benefits I'm overlooking?

Thanks much!

Hi rllr,

I think you perfectly summed it up, if you don't mind loading WoS and do your micing in your DAW, that's specifically why we designed that plugin. ;)

Some people just prefer to have the hardware because it always bring a little something on top of the algorithms themselves, but that's never "necessary" if I can say so.

Guillaume, believe me or not, but to my ears Torpedo's DAC outputs the sound more lush, detailed and of much better quality than many decent sound interfaces available on the market. If it's " a little something on the top", I'm all for it. ;) That's why I record guitar directly through C.A.B. and don't touch WOS.

Well we put a lot of time an energy in the analog and digital design of our products, and use exclusively good quality part with proper power supply. A 5V USB soundcard, even expensive, may not be able to produce such quality.

Back