Le Preamps and delay trails

DrV

Hi guys! :) I plan to buy myself a new delay pedal and use it in FX loop of Le Crunch exclusively. The question is: will the delay with buffered bypass have trails when I switch (via MIDI) to Le Lead? :confused: I mean when I use my reverb with true bypass (TC Electronics HOF mini) in Le Crunch's FX loop and go to Le Lead, the reverb tail is abruptly cut, but I want it to continue. You know, for that "soft morphing" effect :) Any ideas? Thanks in advance ;)

Hi DrV, sadly we cut the FX loop all at once when you bypass a preamp, we don't cut only the input of the FX loop.

That's actually an interesting remark, I will put it in our "idea box" for a future upgrade on the preamps. ;)

Hi, Guillaume! ;) Bad news, but I've got a workaround. I'll just build and add a 2-channel mini mixer after preamps and delay outputs. Le Crunch's send into Delay, Delay (max wet) out into 1st channel of mixer, Le Crunch's out into 2nd channel, mixer blend to taste ;) Should work I guess. Anyway maybe it's time to add some simple delay effects to Torpedo C.A.B.? :) Can its processor handle it, what do you think?

Poor CAB is already upgraded to its max, we need to do some magic to make the new firmware fit in it.

Seriously, there is not enough memory in the CAB to make a good delay. ;)

Other than that, yes the mini mixer should work!

Back