Loadbox section quality of Captor = Studio loadbox section?

Del Rei

Hello,

I want a loadbox and I’m considering a Captor.
I got completely fascinated by that video with Steve Stevens. Would he be able to get that same sound using Captor and Wall of Sound? I’m worried about the quality difference of loadbox section of these two devices.

Would he be able to get that same sound using Captor and Wall of Sound?
-> If your sound interface is up to the task (meaning, if it's of decent quality), you should absolutely be able to get the same result. Of course, this won't give you his fingers and playing style, but you already know that ^^

I’m worried about the quality difference of loadbox section of these two devices.
-> You shouldn't, the loadbox is the same circuit in both units. We didn't degrade the quality of our loadbox when designing the Captor :)

I got the Captor last month. I have the Focusrite Scarlett 18i8.

As an attenuator (-20dB) it sounds awesome. Really good!
But using with Wall of Sound it was not as good as SS's video. Not even close. Sounded too much digital.

I bought the Ownhammer IR and make it sound much better, but also not an organic sound.

Del Rei, WoS is not a "one knob software" a,d it needs a little bit of tweaking. In the video Steve is using just the studio and a digital reverb (maybe Lexicon, I don't remember) and that is all.

Depending on the time in the video he is using either some TN virtual cabinets or some Ownhammer IRs.

Maybe try some other cabinets from the library, maybe you just didn't find the right one for you.

Back