Torpedo Captor latency

Hunter54

So I've had the Captor for a while now and have been using the inbuilt cabinet sim for simplicity sake but I have tried using plugins such as Wall of Sound a couple of times. However when I monitor/record this method I get a 1-2 second delay/latency between my playing and the audio. I've watched a bunch of demo videos where they do this method and none of them seem to have this issue or mention it at all, am I doing something wrong? The Captor is going to my interface straight into the DAW.

Hi Hunter54,

The Torpedo Captor is a 100% analog product, there is no latency./ ;)

The WoS can add a couple of samples of latency, but definitely not a second of latency, which is HUGE. The latency is usually controlled by your soundcard's driver. It can be defined either in your sequencer or in the soundcard software (there is usually one that comes with it). Please take a look at both the manual of your sequencer and the soundcard.

Thanks for the replies guys, I figured it out, apparently using DirectSound output was giving the latency and when I switched to ASIO that solved the issue!

Hunter54, Directsound is good for games, not so much for music. ;)

I would recommend you check some tutorials online on how to optimize your computer for music, choosing the right driver is a part of it. I can't recommend one, I don't know them, I learnt all those things before Internet was "a thing". ^^

Back