Le Bass and Superego+ Issue

BeingAndBass

Long time user of Le Bass, first time poster.

I just noticed a problem: I run my EHX Superego+ in the FX loop of my Le Bass. Sounds great, works great. But it has started making a high-pitched squeel whenever I engage or disengage the hold function on the Superego+. Normally I would be contacting EHX, but it ONLY happens when using Channel A on the Le Bass (or fusion mode), no settings on Channel B can get it to do this.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to troubleshoot the issue? I guess I can work around it (not use the Superego on Channel A or fusion) but this really isn't ideal. Any help would be welcome!

Hi BeingAndBass,

that's a weird issue, I'm afraid I don't know that pedal. :/ I don't see any kind of level setting on it because you could have an issue with some feedback in Le Bass is the level is too high, maybe, but even that would be surprising.

Is the problem still here when using the superego before the Le Bass instead of in the loop? Or the superego alone connected directly to a soundcard for example?

Also, what PSU do you use with your le Bass?

The issue only occurs when this one pedal is in the effects loop (I tested it before and after the Le Bass with no problem) and only when it is in the loop and the Le Bass is in Chan A or blue Fusion, Chan B or red Fusion eliminate the problem. It even happens when the Superego's output is cranked all the way down.

I am using the PSU that came with the Le Bass, 12v500. Is there some way to reset the Le Bass? I have tried resetting the Superego+ to factory to no avail.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Back