GT1000 fx or GT1600FX 2u

eljodon

Hi, I'm using a Mesa Boogie 2 90 with my Axe Fx 2 and I love the sound I'm getting with this set up. The problem is that the Mesa Boogie weights 35 lbs and it's way to heavy for me because I have a bad neck and back! I use a 2x 12 cab in stereo for small gigs and I use 2 to 4 Marshalls for the bigger gigs( we use roadies for the bigger gigs) I love the GT1000FX because it's only one rack space and it only 8 lbs but, could it handle driving 4 Marshall cabs? The Marshalls are stereo cabs with the 16/4 ohm mono jacks and 2 8 ohm jacks. When I use 2 cabs I run them both in stereo(4 speaker cables)I was thinking on buying the GT1600FX 2u for the extra headroom but I can't decide which one would work better for me. I have a Crown power amp that's rated at 215 wpc at 8 Ohms and 350 wpc at 4 Ohms and it's not near as loud as my Mesa Boogie 2 90 and I don't get enough headroom!Thanks

Hi there,
When running the four Marshall cabs could you confirm that you would have two per side, running in mono, with each set at 16ohms ?

This would give a total load of 8ohms per channel.

The GT1000FX will output 350 watts per channel into an 8 ohm load.

If your cabs are rated to handle more than 350 watts a pair then I would suggest using the GT1600FX.

The GT1600FX will output 480 watts per channel and should be more than enough headroom when compared to a 90 watt head.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
My best regards
Matt

Back