Rig-Talk

Guitars, Gear, Tone!
It is currently Fri, Jul 20, 2018 5:22am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mailman
PostPosted: Sat, May 26, 2018 3:07pm 

We were waaaaay up north Michigan.
Burt lake / Indian river. Bout 30 minutes south of mackinaw island

PostPosted: Sat, May 26, 2018 10:58pm 
Immortal Rock God

Are you human?: 951
Sounds like fun. Going to be a great summer.

The fact that Stephen appears from nowhere, is sentenced to death in an emotional public trial without anyone interfering at all and is then altogether forgotten as if nothing happened, is already suspicious.

PostPosted: Wed, May 30, 2018 4:24pm 
Supah Stah

Mailman1971 wrote:
We were waaaaay up north Michigan.
Burt lake / Indian river. Bout 30 minutes south of mackinaw island

Hold my beer...

Yooper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great transactions with: King Guitar, gainzilla, pstar, BIGKAHUNA, manray03, QueenCityGuitars, ttosh, Jimmie, lolzgreg, mystidream, bwgintegra, truthhurts318, locoed, Marshallman, gibson5413, Wizard of Ozz, goldwing68nv, ConcreteVampire, rrtiludrop, zuel69, sjk, axegod8185, caseygree, 61reissue, Spaceboy, Gainfreak, ChadVanHalen, 232cap, barnesjd, smdb.

PostPosted: Wed, May 30, 2018 5:45pm 

Hahahaha :lol: :LOL:
Dude. That’s gods land up there man.
Think I saw Jesus driving his boat on that lake.

PostPosted: Wed, May 30, 2018 7:19pm 
Immortal Rock God

I was born in Hancock Michigan. Copper country...Keweenaw Peninsula. Doesn't get much farther north in Michigan.

The fact that Stephen appears from nowhere, is sentenced to death in an emotional public trial without anyone interfering at all and is then altogether forgotten as if nothing happened, is already suspicious.

PostPosted: Wed, May 30, 2018 7:36pm 

Attachment:
22F4F025-9383-4A35-BEA3-786C1CBAE97C.jpeg
22F4F025-9383-4A35-BEA3-786C1CBAE97C.jpeg [ 155.04 KiB | Viewed 943 times ]

Thinking of a new summer look. Thoughts?

PostPosted: Wed, May 30, 2018 10:00pm 

Holy shit!! Hancock.
That might as well be Wisconsin!!

PostPosted: Wed, May 30, 2018 10:44pm 
Supah Stah

stephen sawall wrote:
I was born in Hancock Michigan. Copper country...Keweenaw Peninsula. Doesn't get much farther north in Michigan.

Wow, I had no idea you were from up there. Cool. I get up to the Keweenaw several times a year...across the 2nd bridge :) Really nice area. I'm going to Calumet next week. This is the time to go there.

Great transactions with: King Guitar, gainzilla, pstar, BIGKAHUNA, manray03, QueenCityGuitars, ttosh, Jimmie, lolzgreg, mystidream, bwgintegra, truthhurts318, locoed, Marshallman, gibson5413, Wizard of Ozz, goldwing68nv, ConcreteVampire, rrtiludrop, zuel69, sjk, axegod8185, caseygree, 61reissue, Spaceboy, Gainfreak, ChadVanHalen, 232cap, barnesjd, smdb.

PostPosted: Thu, May 31, 2018 8:11am 
Immortal Rock God

I grew up in Detroit. But have lived all over the country. I still have friends in Escanaba. Last time I was living out that way I was living in Green Bay.

Anyway I decided decades ago I am not living places where it snows. After living in Las Vegas and Orlando over the last two years I think I'm done with the heat too.

But have been thinking about moving to Texas. I never stay anywhere very long. I think I moved 14 times in the last 3 years.

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 02, 2018 7:28am 
Immortal Rock God

Plan on rewiring my Les Paul DC. Going to put a P Rail in the neck to use with the JB in the bridge. Also plan to add Seymour Duncan Triple Shot set. A push / push pot for phase. Two volume and master tone.
The rhythm volume and master tone on concentric knobs.

This will give me 40 pickup combinations. Basically I just want a lot more versatility because this is the guitar I play 90% of the time.

Checked out a few Marshall and a Laney last night. Part of me thinks I want a stock JCM 800 again. That amp with a Rat always sounded great.

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 02, 2018 8:04pm 
Supah Stah

stephen sawall wrote:
I grew up in Detroit. But have lived all over the country. I still have friends in Escanaba. Last time I was living out that way I was living in Green Bay.

Anyway I decided decades ago I am not living places where it snows. After living in Las Vegas and Orlando over the last two years I think I'm done with the heat too.

But have been thinking about moving to Texas. I never stay anywhere very long. I think I moved 14 times in the last 3 years.

Dang, I thought I moved a lot, averaging once every 3-4 years.

My brother lives in Austin now, and we lived in several places in TX growing up, including Houston and Dallas. Austin is the ONLY place in Texas I would ever consider moving to.

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 02, 2018 8:27pm 
Immortal Rock God

I'm 53 and only lived somewhere twice in my life more than two years. Once was as a child. I don't ever see this changing.

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 02, 2018 11:07pm 

I can adopt you.
Live out in my barn. Frankenmuth Michigan
You can call me pops. :lol: :LOL:

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 03, 2018 7:22pm 
Supah Stah

stephen sawall wrote:
I'm 53 and only lived somewhere twice in my life more than two years. Once was as a child. I don't ever see this changing.

Dang. You must spend all your time updating your address.

PostPosted: Mon, Jun 04, 2018 12:51am 
Immortal Rock God

Played my Tremoverb through a MESA OS Standard Rectifier 4x12 cab today. Lot of girth in the oversized cabs. Loaded with V30 and H30.

I would not mind owning a few of these cabs.

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 05, 2018 8:29am 
Supah Stah

stephen sawall wrote:
Played my Tremoverb through a MESA OS Standard Rectifier 4x12 cab today. Lot of girth in the oversized cabs. Loaded with V30 and H30.

I used to gig an oversized Recto 4x12 cab. You are right - they sound huge. I've owned a ton of cabs, and nothing has had such a big, but not flubby, low end.

Their recto 2x12s are similarly awesome.

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 05, 2018 10:44pm 
Immortal Rock God

squank wrote:
stephen sawall wrote:

I used to gig an oversized Recto 4x12 cab. You are right - they sound huge. I've owned a ton of cabs, and nothing has had such a big, but not flubby, low end.

I'm thinking a pair of OS straight cabs. I recently moved into a small place and running out of wall space.

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 06, 2018 5:02pm 
Supah Stah

stephen sawall wrote:
squank wrote:
stephen sawall wrote:

I'm thinking a pair of OS straight cabs. I recently moved into a small place and running out of wall space.

I just saw Sweetwater is discounting for Father's Day the Egnater Armageddon 4x12s, either straight or slant cabs, for $399 shipped. These are pretty great cabs. Probably my 2nd favorite 4x12, after the Mesa Rectos.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/AR412A--egnater-armageddon-ar-412a-350-watt-4x12-inch-slant-extension-cabinet

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 06, 2018 6:59pm 

I just got that Armageddon.
Fucking amp is awesome.
Mister Jeff ‘sugar legs’ Hilligan
Brang it my place. Traded for a slo clone. We played several amps.
Fun night.

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 06, 2018 7:26pm 

Mailman1971 wrote:
I can adopt you.
Live out in my barn. Frankenmuth Michigan
You can call me pops. :lol: :LOL:

i like the way you call me big poppa......

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 06, 2018 8:19pm 
Supah Stah

Mailman adopts spock awesome :lol: :LOL: :lol: :LOL:

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 06, 2018 8:22pm 
Supah Stah

I have no desire to play but I had a dream I was in a shop and they had a Weird ass Laney AOR HEAD with built in noise reduction, mid shift and a dozen gain selection's... The head sounded Huge...

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 06, 2018 11:23pm 
Immortal Rock God

Pretty detailed dream OJ.

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 06, 2018 11:29pm 
Immortal Rock God

squank wrote:
stephen sawall wrote:
squank wrote:
stephen sawall wrote:

I just saw Sweetwater is discounting for Father's Day the Egnater Armageddon 4x12s, either straight or slant cabs, for $399 shipped. These are pretty great cabs. Probably my 2nd favorite 4x12, after the Mesa Rectos.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/AR412A--egnater-armageddon-ar-412a-350-watt-4x12-inch-slant-extension-cabinet

Great price. Some days I think I should just build my own cabs.

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 09, 2018 2:09pm 
Supah Stah

stephen sawall wrote:
Pretty detailed dream OJ.

Definitely, it had those late 80s early 90s diangle push/release buttons for the the level of noise reduction and gain..
Sounded huge though like a Baron kt88 or something..

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 09, 2018 2:31pm 
Immortal Rock God

Maybe you should play ?

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 09, 2018 10:52pm 
Supah Stah

Mailman1971 wrote:
I just got that Armageddon.
Fucking amp is awesome.
Mister Jeff ‘sugar legs’ Hilligan
Brang it my place. Traded for a slo clone. We played several amps.
Fun night.

Dude, welcome to the club! Got my Armageddon last year and it has become my #1 amp. I still can't believe this thing didn't take off. It destroys so many other amps at twice the price. I guess people kinda soured on Bruce's amps with some of the QC issues the Tourmaster had. Too bad, because the Armageddon is a firebreather and it's very gig-friendly.

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 16, 2018 2:22pm 
Immortal Rock God

Looks like it's going to get hot next week.

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 16, 2018 8:38pm 

95 here tomorrow

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 17, 2018 12:25am 
Plank Cranker Trainee

What's the best way to kill ants and keep them from coming back?

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 17, 2018 1:11am 
Immortal Rock God

Tronald Dump wrote:

Flame thrower

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 17, 2018 9:24am 
Plank Cranker Trainee

stephen sawall wrote:
Tronald Dump wrote:

Flame thrower

Is that safe for pets?

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 17, 2018 6:01pm 
Immortal Rock God

I took my 5150 II in on a trade eval at the local mom and pop store. They valued it at $350. I told them the mercury magnetics transformer is worth that alone. They said 400, max. Mind you I'm an original owner with owners manual included. $350?!

I also recapped mine about 6 years ago as well. Good luck getting a re-cap done on a 5150 of any age for close to that in labor.

Guess I'm hanging onto this one for life. It will collect cobwebs before I sell it for that much considering the quality it's in for 14 years old.

Henning Cherry Bomb V2 #22/37

Guitars:
2012 Fender Select
1988 Charvel 475XL Special
2018 Gibson Les Paul Traditional

Effects:
ADA 2FX
Lexicon PCM 81
TC Electronic 2240
Damage Control Timeline
Dunlop 535Q

PostPosted: Mon, Jun 18, 2018 12:52am 
Immortal Rock God

Shops usually don't offer much for gear. At best they give you half what they can sell it for. Usually much less.

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 19, 2018 7:10am 

Man I’m fucked up.
Pinch nerve. Making my left side barely work.
Haven’t been working since May 21.
Chiropractor visits said he can hook me up in 3 weeks
Holy fuck I’m not doing good

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 19, 2018 8:05am 
Immortal Rock God

You have had a lot of health issues in the last few years Dan.....and your still young. Hope things turn around for you.

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 20, 2018 12:14am 
Supah Stah

Mailman1971 wrote:
Man I’m fucked up.
Pinch nerve. Making my left side barely work.
Haven’t been working since May 21.
Chiropractor visits said he can hook me up in 3 weeks
Holy fuck I’m not doing good

Dang, I didn't realize you were still having trouble. I hope your chiro can get you straightened out.

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 20, 2018 1:43am 

Attachment:
9AE8D527-9CF1-4C0E-A111-03CA34970700.jpeg
9AE8D527-9CF1-4C0E-A111-03CA34970700.jpeg [ 1.87 MiB | Viewed 476 times ]
Thanks man. Spine twisted. Back all fucked up.

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 20, 2018 1:45am 

That’s me on the right by the way :lol: :LOL:

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 20, 2018 6:54pm 
Supah Stah

Mailman1971 wrote:
That’s me on the right by the way :lol: :LOL:

Dang. Looks painful. What's the prognosis at this point?

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 20, 2018 7:00pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Not sure what all those numbers mean but it looks painful!! Dude man,........like what causes stuff like this?? Can they "fix" it? Or at least improve it for you?

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 20, 2018 7:17pm 

It’s not good :lol: :LOL:
But was told he can SHOVE it back in line. :yes:

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 20, 2018 9:54pm 
Immortal Rock God

Hope things get better soon Dan.

Thinking about buying a OCD.

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 21, 2018 9:58am 
Supah Stah

Mailman1971 wrote:
It’s not good :lol: :LOL:
But was told he can SHOVE it back in line. :yes:

LOL tell your Doc to shove it.

Seriously, I hope he gets you fixed up right, Dan. Let us know how it goes.

PostPosted: Fri, Jun 22, 2018 5:21am 

Told me today.......
‘Ready to party??’ (Hands sliding together smiling )

I just ‘Give me your worst!’
And.....he did. :yes:

PostPosted: Fri, Jun 22, 2018 5:38am 

Hey man. I’m off next several week

Swing by

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 23, 2018 4:05am 
Supah Stah

Mailman1971 wrote:
Told me today.......
‘Ready to party??’ (Hands sliding together smiling )

I just ‘Give me your worst!’
And.....he did. :yes:

Did his worst make you better?

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 23, 2018 8:24am 

Hard to explain. Yes...
And no. :lol: :LOL:

Shits snapping. I feel odd.
He told me it’s all normal.
Said like 2 sides faucet. Right sides been turned full
Throttle for years. Left faucet just been cracked open
He said trying to open lefty

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 23, 2018 1:34pm 
Immortal Rock God

That sounds a bit crazy Dan....hope it worked.

Ordered the stuff to replace the electronics in my Les Paul.
.. Going from a three-way switch and 3 voices to 40 voices. Should be way more versatile.
Single coil, P90, Humbucker, out of phase....a little of everything in there.

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 23, 2018 4:04pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

Is it worth taking my fire extinguishers in to be recharged or should I just throw them out and buy new ones?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next