Not cutting into the mix?

dethyr

Banned
I hear a ton of people talking about how ENGL amps don't cut into a two guitar mix that well. A friend of mine owns the Fireball 100 and I will admit that I can kind of hear that factor with it but I am curious as to what other models have this issue. I have been recently very interested in the Invader but I am hesitant on buying on if the cut factor is going to be an issue.

Advice? Thoughts?

Invader 150,Savage se-6l6 ,Special Edition el34,and Morse will cut easily in my long experience with Engl amps

If you are having trouble cutting through a mix with an engl then you are trying to get a tone that engl's dont do well. They are mid heavy amps. Mids are what cuts through so..... use em :D

bananaladonpcp":3v5jc6cg said:
If you are having trouble cutting through a mix with an engl then you are trying to get a tone that engl's dont do well. They are mid heavy amps. Mids are what cuts through so..... use em :D

EXACTLY. I read this BS about them not cutting and now after using a Fireball 100 for 3 gigs and several practice sessions I have had ZERO issues cutting...and I play with a loud other guitarist and even louder bass player lol. ENGL created the mid boost function in these amps for this reason. If you don't use it and bury the mids then yes you will have problems. USE THE MID BOOST FEATURE.

Thank You :D

That's if you have a model with the mid boost ability. The VI Powerball and Fireball that I had didn't have this feature. But even then I am a player who uses mids so I was able to utilize the amps enough to be heard. The mid boost is a HUGE help for me though.

I owned 2 PB v1's,a savage,Blackmore, and hand 2 fireball 100's pass thru my hands and never once had an issue cutting live? I always read this on forums back in the mid-late 2k's... I think part of the reason was people were abusing the mid controls on there amps... taking a very mid heavy amp and turning them up to 3:00 while others were running mids around 11:00...

Engl Steve Morse Signature user here and it sound absolutely amazing in the mix. In fact, it's one of my favorite solo amps of all time.

Back