Ironball Reception

orionz06

Is it just me or does this amp seem to not be getting the reception it deserves? Am I missing something or is a lesser used brand going to see even less reception in a smaller niche of higher gain tube amps (low wattage)?

Is it just that the other ENGL offerings are a smidge more with more features?

Likewise. Ultimately the variety of sounds I wanted was better suited by a Mark but the Ironball was a solid amp that gets some killer sounds, closer to $2000+ heads better than most amps in its price range. A/B'd with a EVH 5150III and there was no contest for higher gain.

That always puzzled me as well.
I love mine to death, and overall, is my favorite amp to date, and I've been through a bunch of 2k+ amps.

I have one and it's awesome, I use it with a Rivera Silent Sister for double tracking against other amps and for practicing at bedroom levels...I love it.

So it would easily pass as a back up amp if your main amp melts down? I didnt crank it on the 20 watt setting. Low volume some of the most fun shredding to be found.

Based on other small amps, and limited experience with one, I think it would be fine on its own for a small gig. Most other 25W amps are doing just fine, even some 20W heads.

Hey guys that have one, for gigs is the clean channel clean at gig volumes ? I had a mark 25 but the clean channel broke up too early, the Bogner Atma did not have this problem but I wanted something more aggressive. Just wondering if the gain and clean channels are balanced enough

Have one coming Tuesday. Hopefully will be there to sign for it and try it out at practice that night.

I dig mine a lot. For the price, you can't beat the tone or the features for a mini head. The only 2 gripes I have are the MV Boost and the clean headroom. The MV Boost isn't really loud enough to get over a 2nd guitarist so I still use a mini spark in my loop. If that was adjustable like a second master, it would be great. The clean can't really stay that clean at high volumes. The channel sounds great and with the gain boost it can get some great Marshally hard rock rythem tones but it's not going to be clean enough for anything if you need high volume cleans.

Got the Ironball and it definitely rocks. Had no problems keeping up with band either. Through a 4x12 it sounded huge. Going to grab an aftermarket 4 button footswitch for it

We've sold a ton of them so far, and every single person who has tried one at the shop has fell in love with it. Its just the size and the price may spook the uninformed out there, but if people try it they will love it. Its one of their best sounding amps, irregardless of size.

Just got my Ironball. It's awesome. Loud as he'll too through my 412. It has a ton of bottom end wallop. For the post above, yes it stays clean at loud volume even with emg pickups. It's a keeper. Now I don't have to take my Invader 2 out for smaller gigs. Thanks Engl.

Have to say that I bought my Ironball originally as a practice
amp but it has surpassed any and all expectations.

It is better amp than most full sized ones I've encountered,
kind of a split between the Retro and Fireball amps. Not dark
like the Fireball just hot gain wise, open and organic like a
Blackmore too.

Ironball really surprised me and I'm very happy to have it!

Thanks ENGL!

Back