Fireball 100 or Invader 2

I have had a Powerball II and A Morse 656. Both were 100 watts and sounded great super low and super high volume.

I tried the Powerball II and it was lacking but I think that's because I didn't spend enough time messing with EQ. I didn't have very much time to play around with it on that particular day. I'm really kind of leaning towards the fireball 100

You know where I stand on the FB100 :yes:

All the Engl stuff I've owned/played, Blackmore, Fireball 100, Savage 120, Artist edition, and the Ironball, have sounded amazing at bedroom volumes. I think that's inherent of the Engl line due to their pre-amp circuit design and awesome master volume. Even at low volumes they still have punch with room filling 3D sound IMHO.

Other thing I really like about the FB100's EQ section is how much sensitivity there is in the sweep of each knob. The slightest rotation of each of the knobs yields tremendous variation on your base tone; which is just pure evil in its most dark and vulgar display of utter saturated destruction :rawk:

Oh, other thing you should know is the FB100 has a very low mids based voicing. Just FYI. If your looking for upper mids in this amp there's definitely ways to get it there, and when you do it really sounds good. Some bright middy pickups will help.

Lol yes. For some reason my other post got deleted :/ not sure what that's about but anyway....pretty sure it's going to be the fireball 100.

MrSauce85":krvzz7mf said:
Lol yes. For some reason my other post got deleted :/ not sure what that's about but anyway....pretty sure it's going to be the fireball 100.

Yeah I noticed. I went to post there and all the sudden it was gone and when I tried searching the title it just said "ignored"

I also noticed my post numbers dropped by like 30 after my last post earlier today :confused:

Anyhow......You won't go wrong with the FB100. As much as I'm loving my new Savage I go back to the FB and its just an awesome amp to :rock:

Lol maybe I hit something, I'm still new so idk. But yea, I think I will be happy with it. Honestly, I have wanted the fireball 100 for years now, when I first seen it I fell in love and have wanted it ever since but back then, the price tag was so far out of my reach it was a joke just to think about, now that's change drastically.

I hear ya. I remember when I started researching Engl amps about 4 years ago and kept running across threads about the Fireball100 that really caught my attention. People were always using descriptive terms like: brutal, evil, tight, articulate, dark, nasty, mean, etc.. I knew I would be at the least trying one out. I tried one in a local shop 1st and liked it and then gave it a second try when I ordered it from musicians friend with the 2 EVH amps and the blackmore. Kept em all for about 55 days (they had an extended 60 day holiday return policy!) and compared/contrasted. They all went back but the FB100 stayed.

It is a special amp indeed :rock:

Just do it :poke:

Damn! I wish I could do that lol..but yea, I would always came across those exact terms and it never helped my gas lol..you ever run into any reliability issues with the fireball? As far I know, engl has a pretty good track record when it comes to quality.

I've had zero issues with mine and have had it 2 years now. Bear in mind though it sits on top of my cab and never moves.

I've read posts where a few guys bash Engl quality and reliability. Some guys especially seem to rag on the PCB quality and how there mounted and blah, blah, blah. I don't know though...Could just be the old my Chevy's better than your Ford than your Dodge type of thing.

I will say the QC in terms of fit to finish on my FB100 is very good, not excellent, but very good. I do think there are many amp manufacturers with higher QC standards from what I've seen. Still love the Engl stuff though!

The Savage 120 I just bought is a little bit different story, but I bought it used and knew about it going in. The tolex job on this Savage 120 is absolute fuc%!$g garbage for any amp let alone one that costs $2500 new :LOL: :LOL: There is a 1/4 to 1/2 " gap on the bottom of the amp where the seam of the tolex pulled apart and one of the corners were cut to short and you can see it didn't cover all the way. Its purely cosmetic and it was like that from the factory according to the original owner. He said he pulled it right from the factory box and it was like that brand new. Functionally and tonally the amp sounds great. For that kind of cash it would have been going back if I were the original owner. I got a good deal on it used and again knew about the former going in so it wasn't an issue for me.

Ok, yea I think remember reading something similar. Just trying to be sure I'm not going to be dumping that much $$ onew an amp that is going break down in a month but since it's an engl I wasn't really worry about quality...I figured that's a given.

Back