Help me with my new Savage SE!!!

I just recently acquired a Savage SE with the original z10 footswitch and I cant figure out how to make the FX loop footswitchable and its killing me! I really want to use this amp in a live/band atmosphere but without the FX loop being footswitchable it is almost useless to me. Any advice/input will be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks in advance... :rock:

You cant do it. Neither can the Savage 120. Only ENGL amp that can turn on and off the loop I believe is the ENGL SE. All the ENGLs ive owned, I run the 4 cable method via my GSP 1101.

gyver":171xulor said:
You cant do it. Neither can the Savage 120. Only ENGL amp that can turn on and off the loop I believe is the ENGL SE. All the ENGLs ive owned, I run the 4 cable method via my GSP 1101.

What is the GSP 1101? I guess I might have to check into getting me one of those :D Oh, and, thanks. Most helpful advice yet...

Its a preamp/FX rack from digitech, the 4 cable method is a way to hook it up without coloring your tone, it actually does color it but very little. I use it to the gate my amps, and to add delay to my lead channel. It has midi capabilities, and has a feature to bypass the preamp section of your amp and just use power and save it as a preset. in case you have an amp with no usable clean channel, you can create a preset using a nice clean jazz amp and chorus or whatever. Theyre cheap too, I got mine for 200 bucks.

gyver":egrk5m0w said:
Its a preamp/FX rack from digitech, the 4 cable method is a way to hook it up without coloring your tone, it actually does color it but very little. I use it to the gate my amps, and to add delay to my lead channel. It has midi capabilities, and has a feature to bypass the preamp section of your amp and just use power and save it as a preset. in case you have an amp with no usable clean channel, you can create a preset using a nice clean jazz amp and chorus or whatever. Theyre cheap too, I got mine for 200 bucks.

Thanks man. Sounds pretty similiar to my Lexicon unit. Im might have to check one of those out :yes:

this goes back a while now but kust wondering how this all worked out?
just picked up a Savage SE myself.
Rob.

JUST SET ONE CHANNEL OF YOUR RACK UNIT WITH "NOTHING AT ALL".... LETS SAY NUMBER ZERO
THEN PROGRAM THE REST OF YOUR RACK WITH THE REST OF YOUR SETTINGS...BUT EACH TIME YOU GO TO ZERO THERE WITH BE NOTHING THERE !!!!
THAT IS ABOUT THE EASIEST ON / OFF SWITCH I CAN THINK OF...I HOPE THIS HELPS

Back