Blackmore with OD on 4th channel

Bruc

Hi everyone! I believe this is my first post here, but anyway... I love ENGL amps to death :) I have Blackmore and Screamer combo, using both of them for practising and giging. I play hardrock/metal, using mainly 4th channel on both amps with some clean parts, bot very few. Lately I started experimenting with OD pedals, because I wanted a little more tight sound on Blackmore on 4th channel (info from internet is, that in 80's used OD pedals (with Gain on 0) to get more tight sound).
Anyway, OD in front and also EQ in loop with Screamer's 4th channel gets me super cool sound (more tight, bright, just the way I like it, sounds even better than Blackmore's 4th channel.), while on Blackmore this doesn't work. If OD is turned on with gain on 0, there's only feedback, squealing and lots of other noise. With OD off, natural sound of Blackmore is great. My gain is on 11 o.clock. Also with OD gain on 0 on 3rd Blackmore channel sound gets more meaty&fat, and it does't feedback, but it's not for heavy PM playing.
I have one custom made OD, which is great for overdrive on clean channels, but on 4th channel is useless.
I would like to know, do you have the same experience? Which OD do you use with Blackmore to get more tight sound on 4th channel without feedback?
I love Blackmore's sound, I only wanna make it a little more tight.

Thanks for all feedback. :rock:

Back