Best speakers for Engl amps.

motorboy1

Engl owners, what speakers work best with Engl amps. I just picked up a Steve Morse and paired it with my EVH 4 x 12. Sounds good. Would v30s sound better? Or something else?

I believe so. Get a engl cab with v30 if y can swing it. The cab makes a big difference as well as the speaker.

Yeah Engl's are best with the V30's. I play mine through 2 cabs, 1 with just V30's, and the other with V30's and G12T75's in the x-pattern.

Yea, V30's are good match for ENGLs. I liked them through Celestion Classic Lead 80 and Mesa Boogie C90 Black Shadow as well.
Currently I have V30`s in my Zilla 2x12 Fatboy and V30 + C90 in ENGL 212VH Pro.

I didn`t like it through T75's (Marshall 1936). Too scooped to my taste.

V30 combined with G12K85 or G12-65 also works awesome for Engls! :rock:
Brings more girth/body for the more aggressive sounding speakers.

I've been using all Eminence with my Fireball 100..have a 4x12 w Texas Heat/Manowar x pattern that is deep and chunky...also have a 4x12 with all Legends.that also sounds great.
I have used celestions, but find the T75 and V30s a bit too harsh on the high end for my taste.

Depends on the head but as others have Said V30's go great. Through my Invader i prefered V30's, and through my Savage i prefer my Vader Cab with Eminence Legends but it still sounds great through the V30's.

Supposedly the Engl cabs (the Pros, anyway) are designed in such a way that they remove some of the V30 harshness. I haven't been able to try one, sadly, but I do find the Fireball 100 to be a little strident sounding through my Uberkab.

They absolutely smooth out that spike in the high mids. They don't kill the mids at all,but shape it.

Back