Ban political talk

K-Roll":29hsa3dd said:
JackBootedThug":29hsa3dd said:
xzyryabx":29hsa3dd said:
Monkey Man":29hsa3dd said:
I love it.

One thing 'though, I completely understand that some would prefer "view active topics" or whatever to not show updates from OTC. I wonder if the board software allows a user-designated filter as to which subforms show up there to be set. Not likely, I know...

Of course it's possible, probably a simple fix too, but it may require some coding which is probably beyond the technical abilities of our mods (no offense, unless one of you is a programmer, in which case get on it!).

I don't even talk religion/politics with my friends, last place I wanna do/read it is on a god damned guitar forum

we are very limited on what we can do. nothing like that at all. i'm a prison guard, not a programmer...

I guess you can apply some of the prison guard kung fu then so that people don't spark these discussions... it's like a riot, right? :LOL: :LOL: where at the end, someone simply wanted to fuck someone else in the ass instead of having a good conversation...

the problem with these political topics is that they never ever wish to get other people's opinions, they are simply there to talk about themselves and how they feel, so if 20 people who want to express how they feel join a post like that, it's a fucking avalanche

would be kinda funny if I went through and deleted everything....... :codeak:

My thoughts:

This is one of the few gear forums out there that allows it (I allow it on mine as well).

...and for that, I applaud.

Those looking for a ban:

I see this crap on every forum practically.

Here's the thing about free speech - you don't have to listen to it.

Especially when it's contained (Off Topic).

Nobody's holding a gun to your head; forcing you to read it. Stop pretending this is the case.

Adults should physically and mentally be able to read what they want to... and ignore what they don't want to read...
instead of relying on some authority to do it for them, or to censor that which they don't care for.

This is the very essence of free speech (and subsequently, freedom).

I'm so with you, brother.

This is what makes Rig Talk even-more special, and almost-unique in the audio-gear-forum world.

There's a sense of freedom I feel on no other audio forum, and I've been on plenty since the early naughties.

lll":3pdwwk0n said:
My thoughts:

This is one of the few gear forums out there that allows it (I allow it on mine as well).

...and for that, I applaud.

Those looking for a ban:

I see this crap on every forum practically.

Here's the thing about free speech - you don't have to listen to it.

Especially when it's contained (Off Topic).

Nobody's holding a gun to your head; forcing you to read it. Stop pretending this is the case.

Adults should physically and mentally be able to read what they want to... and ignore what they don't want to read...
instead of relying on some authority to do it for them, or to censor that which they don't care for.

This is the very essence of free speech (and subsequently, freedom).
Youre assuming that we are adults here...lol

Thank you for your No politics/No religion BAN. It's wise decision. The bad mood in these topics and rude behavior of some members were slowly seeping into gear related posts. This is the way to keep this forum alive and not losing any more members.

I know it's a tough call. There are pros and cons for sure. Like so many things in life, a few people screw it up for everyone else.

There was a time on RT when we actually had good political discourse. People would discuss issues and challenge others' positions, and it was mostly respectful. Last year seemed to bring the worst out in everyone, and a few name callers really lowered the OT forum.

hcZXLw.jpg

Back