What does a German diezel power plug end look like?

jonl

I mayb purchasing a diezel amp from Germany that is wired 220V.
I have an outlet reading about 240v

Can I use this outlet?

The socket looks like this:
steckdose_zpsqkwfzsi7.jpg

And the end of the power chord looks like this:

Abb.%201%20Konturenstecker_zpso3hfpcir.gif

So to connect it to what you have there, seems to require some modification.

the voltage is fine. The socket is not. You'll need an adapter, they keep selling those everywhere i gues (where are you from btw?)

I am in USA

I think I may need to buy a step up transformer, anyone know a good one to purchase?

K-Roll":234cx1g0 said:
how can you be in the US and read 240v in your socket? I thought you guys have 110v

European electronics runs on 230v mains voltage (I'm from EU)

here's all socket types explained http://www.worldstandards.eu/electricit ... d-sockets/ (edit, just saw someone else post similar thing) your socket looks Australian

Current US voltage standard is 120v. Some appliances including driers, AC and Heater systems run at 240v. So many houses have at least 1 or more 240 volt hookups.

BTW that plug on the original post is a US electric drier outlet.

It looks exactly like our Australian sockets, except upside down... but I guess we would look 'down under' to you guys in the Northern hemisphere :)

-NO-

-I haven't seen the diezel schematic to know if there's multi tap voltage wiring, or if they use different transformers.

-euro 220 is physically single phase 220-(meaning one hot leg at 220 volts, one common leg & a ground)-

-USA 220/240 is physically 2 phase 220/240-(meaning one leg at 120v, and one leg at 120v-out of phase from the first leg, giving you 240v when measuring across the 2 legs, and a common leg, and to make it even more confusing, in the USA the "physically 2 phase" is called single phase 220/240, why? I have no fucking idea.

-in the USA the different 220/240 outlets-(pin and blade locations)-is determined by amperage

Back