Low Output

I don't know what's going on but my main bridge pickups, ToneZone and SuperDistortion, don't seem to be as hot as they used to be.

I've had my amp checked, cables, soldering. When you put your guitar volume on 10 the strings used to be really lively, almost too hot, you couldn't touch them without them sounding. Now I find I'm having pick harder, stomping on an overdrive for solos. With guitar volume on 10 it's pretty quiet so if I pick light it's as if I rolled the pot down to 4 or 5. Whereas before, with the guitar volume on 10, you couldn't pick light at all because it was so hot, you had to roll the volume off for a quieter attack.

I have a high gain amp and have to run it with more preamp gain now. Do you think it could be a loss of charge on the magnets? Not sure what else it could be or just my imagination.

It's maddening. :doh:

Sounds more like tubes dying in the amp or either the battery dying in active pickups. What is your setup and have you checked that out? Try a friends setup with the same guitar?
I think it's a process of elimination, replace 1 thing at a time in your chain until it's found. It could be many things.

Do you sweat a lot when you play? I have a customer that goes thru pickups fairly often because his sweat is acidic and eats the pickup wire insulation.

stratjacket":pe1f00rf said:
Sounds more like tubes dying in the amp or either the battery dying in active pickups. What is your setup and have you checked that out? Try a friends setup with the same guitar?
I think it's a process of elimination, replace 1 thing at a time in your chain until it's found. It could be many things.

Yeah I had the amp checked out. I get tubes about once a year. I'll try the process of elimination approach, I mean, I was but not so thoroughly.

JerryP":ui41gcey said:
Do you sweat a lot when you play? I have a customer that goes thru pickups fairly often because his sweat is acidic and eats the pickup wire insulation.

I never thought about that. Would his pickups react the same, low output or something else?

Back