Seymour Duncan 50's wiring in parallel

I am trying to wire this up based on the Les Paul 50's diagram (this part is working) and the Seymour Duncan parallel diagram. The issue I am running into it how to hook these wires to the pots on the parallel connections.

All diagrams I have seen are for use with a secondary switch. I just want to wire it up and leave it in parallel.

From the diagrams it shows connecting the black/red together and then the green/white together. I am pretty sure the black and red go to my hot pole on my volume pot but I am unsure where to connect the green/white. Or do I just connect the green/white together and heat shrink them?

So ...
black/red -> hot pole on volume pot.
white/green -> ?

So you want two volumes, two tones and no switch?

On Duncans you typically connect the red and white and heat shrink that connection. That connects the two coils of each pickup in series, which is what you want. Different pickup makers use different colors so you have to know the right colors. Then, with Duncans the blacks go to the lug on volume pots. The green and shield both go to ground. The jack would be connected to the other ungrounded lugs on BOTH pots (this puts them in parallel).

Basically just look at a 50s wiring diagram based on the wire colors you have. Now just move those two wires that go from the pots to switch to the jack (disconnect at switch and move to jack, disconnect existing wire to jack). Remove the switch and remaining wire. Done. The easier/better way to wire it up would be to connect the two lugs on the volumes together and run one shielded wire to the jack.

I want to run my Jazz neck pickup in parallel. So instead of standard humbucker it will create almost like a single coil effect. It is a similar concept of splitting the coil.

The wiring diagram says to connect the black and red then connect the green and white. I am pretty sure the black/red go to the hot on the pot but the diagram I have it does not show where to connect the green/white. Maybe I just heat shrink it and don't connect it to anything.

On some of the diagrams they show all of these wires going to a secondary switch. Which I don't want.

If you google Seymour Duncan parallel wiring you will see an image. Should be the first one. It says "Humbucker PARALLEL Wiring".

http://www.1728.org/guitar.htm
Scroll down to parallel humcker wiring.

donniecrump":321ipe7u said:
I want to run my Jazz neck pickup in parallel. So instead of standard humbucker it will create almost like a single coil effect. It is a similar concept of splitting the coil.

The wiring diagram says to connect the black and red then connect the green and white. I am pretty sure the black/red go to the hot on the pot but the diagram I have it does not show where to connect the green/white. Maybe I just heat shrink it and don't connect it to anything.

On some of the diagrams they show all of these wires going to a secondary switch. Which I don't want.

If you google Seymour Duncan parallel wiring you will see an image. Should be the first one. It says "Humbucker PARALLEL Wiring".

http://www.1728.org/guitar.htm
Scroll down to parallel humcker wiring.
The other end goes to ground then. You'll always need some connection to ground. Once you connect the coils in parallel like you are suggesting, you'll just have a hot and a ground. Even if you get them reversed it will still work it just might be out of phase with the other pickup.

That is what I thought. I will have to check my wiring. I had it hooked up like this and it didn't work. The trebled rolled off immediately and it sounded more bass'y than before.

Back