Dimensions for Marstran 1202-55 and 784-139

FourT6and2

Does anybody know the mounting dimensions for these transformers? Communication with both Marstran and Heyboer is horrible and I can't get a timely reply.

I need the bolt center-to-center mounting distances.

I bought some transformers and a chassis from Brian a few years ago, picked them up at his house. He lives about 30 minutes from me. He always had good communication through email. I just checked out his transformer site and it doesn't seem to be as good or updated as it was a few years ago. His name is Brian Wallace, maybe try to find a phone number.

Yeah his website is pretty bad. No contact info. No product info. Nothing. I've asked for his number via email and no response. I did manage to get a hold of someone at Heyboer. They gave me the dimensions.

For future reference, ClassicTone trannies come with a schematic that includes exact dimensions, and they're also on the website. I actually bought my last set of CTs because I decided converting the standup Heyboer to a laydown version was too much headache. I don't remember the dimensions, but I did measure the distances between the mounting holes on the Heyboers and they matched the ClassicTone drawings exactly.

Thanks for the info!

Man, I don't know what it is about transformer companies. But they are all flakes. Metro, Merren, Marstran, Mercury, O'Netics, Heyboer... They all have horrible customer service. I've been trying to get iron for going on 8 weeks now with no success. I guess I'll just go with Classic Tone.

I went with Merren for my first build, but could never get hold of him again after that, no reply to vm or email ever. So I went with CT for my subsequent builds and, IMHO, they sound just as good for about half the price. I forget the name of their distributor in FL, but they were very helpful when I had to call with some questions.

Rick Lee":1n6bp8p2 said:
I went with Merren for my first build, but could never get hold of him again after that, no reply to vm or email ever. So I went with CT for my subsequent builds and, IMHO, they sound just as good for about half the price. I forget the name of their distributor in FL, but they were very helpful when I had to call with some questions.

Yeah, Classic Tone from now on. Merren, Marstran, Heyboer, Mercury, Metro... they won't be seeing any of my money in the future.

Back