Help! Fuse for power tubes for a Bogner ecstasy 100B

SQUAREHEAD

It's never happened to me before but I was switching between Variac and regular mode and I blew one of the little small fuses connected to the power tubes… The amplifier powers up right now but no sound… The value of this fuse is 250 V 500 mA, is it OK to use a 250 V 1A fuse?!
This is all I can find anywhere
Shouldn't the amp work properly just with two power tubes, another words each fuse is connected to a pair of the output tubes… The amplifier should still work just at 50 W correct?
But I get no sound at all…

The fuse that blew most likely is the one the runs the 2 power tubes in 50 watt mode. A 500ma fuse is also a 1/2 A fuse. Most glass fuses you can get a lowes home depot, and hardware stores are 250v fuses. A 250v 1/2 amp fast blow fuse is the same as the 500ma. Do not use a higher rated fuse unless you want to fry amp components and have to send the amp off for repair.

Thank you, Baron… I'm in Canada, I have checked every single source and I cannot find 500 mA fuses… Lowes had 1,2,3,4,5's but no (1/2mA) 500 mA
Canadian tire did not have them either… They only had 2 and up.
The Source, which is our 'RadioShack' here in Canada, also only had 2 milliamps and up

Doing well , I work a lot and for awhile now it seems like there’s just not enough time in the day...
Big picture, I have a great wife & 3 healthy kids & 3 Diezels!
I’m a blessed man

Still got the Vh4
There’s something about Peter’s ear I really like.
The Diezels are the ones that stick around.
Thanks for starting the addiction ;)

How’s life with you ?

Glad to hear all is well! That’s just fantastic…
Well, I’m 53 and I’ve had some health issues over the last year and a half so it’s been a dark time, but I am seeking to trust that all will work out and have faith that God has me on this journey for a reason…
Peter is an absolute tone monster, and yes he has great ears, the VH4 channel 3 is one great hard rock tone, it’s just amazing!
Which other Diezels do you have?

Back