Wiring gurus. Please help. :)

I have a guitar that I need to wire but it’s a bit odd...

Neck is single
Middle is single
Bridge is humbucker

One on/on toggle switch per pup (3 total)

I want volume to control all pups
I want middle knob to control tone for both singles (neck and middle)
I want bottom knob to control tone for humbucker (bridge)

I have all the components and plan on using the wiring diagram I attached but I think that will give me a tone for each single and nothing for the bridge.

I’ve wired up many guitars with no problem but since this isn’t a common wiring setup I’m having great difficulty finding the diagram and although I’ve always done my own wiring, I don’t understand exactly how it all works enough to confidently look at a diagram and say, if I put “X” here, I’ll achieve “y”.

What do I need to do differently to achieve the results I outlined at the beginning of this thread?

Thanks!!

Attachments

• 2F97D0EA-557B-494F-BABB-C0976053F508.jpeg
    2F97D0EA-557B-494F-BABB-C0976053F508.jpeg
    50.7 KB · Views: 610
Ill bite, should be as simple as moving the wire on the bottom tone pot to the middle lug of the top tone pot. Then run a new wire from the middle position of the Bridge switch to the bottom tone pot outer lug..

Here you go. You'll have to use DPTP switches on the neck & middle, because you must disconnect the tone pot from the pickup when its off, or else it will ground out the other.

Looking again, I think you might play it safe and use a DPTP on the bridge pickup too (so that it disconnects it's tone pot) might be some interaction. Or just make the two tone pots have their own cap, and remove the jumper between the two.

Attachments

• wiring2.jpg
    wiring2.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 542
Back