Accidentally snapped terminal on V30

Omega1397

Hey guys,

I installed some female terminals on my cabinet, and the tension snapped a terminal off my V30 https://imgur.com/a/J8FEh

I was wondering if anyone knew how I can replace it? it seems I can unscrew the entire terminal from my speaker (the two metal things). However, i'm having trouble finding the exact name of the part. If anyone could provide input it would be very appreciated.

Hmm..just to update. I was actually able to just stick it back on, but it's not secure. Would I be able to super glue the metal terminal to the insulated pad?

No, only way of permanently fixing this is to take it to a speaker repair place. The superglue wold eventually break off the insulated pad from all the vibration.

Iv'e fixed these before.

1) dig the board material out of the terminal, so the rivet is free/visible.

2) Carefully drill a new hole the size of the rivet on the board next to where it broke off.

3) Cut a slit from the edge of the board to the hole you drilled, and slide the voice coil wire through the slit until it in the hole.

4) mix up some epoxy, and slather it up real nice around the new hole, and press the terminal/rivet into the new hole.

let it cure for 24h, and you will be good to go.

NOTE: what I'm calling the rivet it just the metal part of the terminal that penetrates the board. Some actually have rivets, some are just the metal stamped through. But you'll see what I'm saying.

Back