Two Notes Torpedo PI-101 Free Version now available

sysexguy

NEWS FROM NAMM 2011:

Torpedo PI-FREE : a free taste of the critically acclaimed Torpedo technology

cart.php

http://www.two-notes.com/pi-free

The Torpedo PI-FREE is based on our flagship model, the PI-101, but only features 1 model of power amp simulation (EL34 / AB class), 1 speaker cab (based on a Marshall 4x12) and 1 type of microphone (based on a Shure SM57). And you still have the full Post FX section.

Of course, the PI-FREE plugin features the unique Torpedo algorithm, originally found on our critically acclaimed VB-101 unit, that allows you to virtually move the microphone in front of the speaker cabinet (as you would in a real recording room) and to simulate the sound of a hard driven speaker.

The Torpedo PI-FREE is FREE, does not require iLok and is not time limited.

Key features

Power amp simulation (EL34 / AB class)

Miking section : cab based on Marshall 4x12. Microphone based on Shure SM57
Advanced algorithm based on convolution processing

Post FX section to shape your sound, including : lo-cut, 5 band EQ, Exciter and compressor

Ultra low latency processing
Customize the GUI to show only the tools you use

Available plugin formats :
Mac : AU, VST and RTAS
Win : VST and RTAS

Got to try the VB-101 and it was infinitely better than any of the modelers I have tried. Was a great direct solution.

Hi guys, the link above has been updated, Mac AU version now online and RTAS(PC/Mac) to follow

Please try this using a real tube front end, either a pre-amp, using a head either with an effect send to the soundcard or using the line out of your attenuator. Listen to the track when mixed with other instrument tracks and see how easy it is to mix, I think you be smiling!!!

Andy

sysexguy":2tjlzoq0 said:
Hi guys, the link above has been updated, Mac AU version now online and RTAS(PC/Mac) to follow

Please try this using a real tube front end, either a pre-amp, using a head either with an effect send to the soundcard or using the line out of your attenuator. Listen to the track when mixed with other instrument tracks and see how easy it is to mix, I think you be smiling!!!

Andy
I'm going to take a look at this this weekend. So if using a line out from an attenuator you'd turn the power amp off in the sim and you do that with the power amp button at the top?

Also, can you load 3rd party impulses in? If so, does your other features still work with them?

Hi Roque, yes if you are using a line out from an attenuator, you'd disactivate the power amp section in the plug in. Third party and user IR's can be added to the PI-101 full version. The free version has just the single 4x12, one mic and one power amp available but gives a great idea of what is possible. The full version also has many bass specific cabs and microphones

Andy

Thanks Andy.

Just focusing on the cabinet/mic aspect of your plug-in, how does it compare to convolvers available? Feature wise and tone wise? I'm using the free Kefir now.

Let me get this straight, the full version can load 3rd party IRs, and your features (like distance, center, back/front, etc) will work or do you have to have specific IRs for those features?

And how taxing is it on the CPU when using all the features?

How much is the full version? I know the hardware piece is a pretty penny, but a lot of people seem to like it.

Looking forward to trying out the free version.

Third party and user IR's are static ie the microphone placement can only be moved when the Two Notes cabinets (32 and counting) are used.

Full version PI-101 is $279.95/ 199Euroexvat available Feb 2011

The free version is available so you can compare the sonics and functionality for yourself. As far as CPU demands, the PI is designed for best sound and lowest latency vs. assuring the maximum user base can integrate the PI in their workflow.

Andy

Both of those sound bad ass. I just don't understand why people would drop $2k on an Axe Fx and not get the Torpedo instead. Very nice work my friend.

Two Notes Torpedo PI-FREE v1.0.4 available !!!

What's new? Some bug corrections and a huge improvement in CPU usage.
We highly recommend our existing users to download and try the new version.
Visit www.two-notes.com/pi-free to get your free download

DrGiovanni":1ez31dmd said:
Warm greetings.

Two Files from me with Torpedo Pi-Free without postprocessing, Equing, etc.

Marshall Plexi 1987 with DOD YJM-308, Marshall SE-100 as Load Box with uncompens. Line-Out (Lead-Guitar with Panning-Delay, R.gits rough and pur)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5ZCVcABMiA&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Soldano X-99 without any effects.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RvxJr3H30I&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Whoa! Nice! I need to listen to these on my home computer. They sound killer on my lap top here at work.

Shark Diver":17zkpa79 said:
Both of those sound bad ass. I just don't understand why people would drop $2k on an Axe Fx and not get the Torpedo instead. Very nice work my friend.

The Torpedo has amp emulations and effects? I thought the torpedo was basically a direct box/cab emulator.

Pete

stratotone":32wnltxe said:
Shark Diver":32wnltxe said:

The Torpedo has amp emulations and effects? I thought the torpedo was basically a direct box/cab emulator.

Pete

No it does not. But this slays the Axe Fx.

Shark Diver":2b9rdbvr said:
stratotone":2b9rdbvr said:
Shark Diver":2b9rdbvr said:

Pete

Then the comparison is a little flawed, right?

"I don't see why you would drop $2k on a Les Paul and not buy a set of Motor City pickups instead."

stratotone":39u6qhyk said:
Shark Diver":39u6qhyk said:
stratotone":39u6qhyk said:
Shark Diver":39u6qhyk said:

Pete

Then the comparison is a little flawed, right?

"I don't see why you would drop $2k on a Les Paul and not buy a set of Motor City pickups instead."

Not really. If you are using the Axe as a direct recording device, which I was referring to, then to me, this sounds infinitely better. This is a free software. I didn't state it, but I was also referring to the 2 hardware units - which are in the same $ ballpark.

A set of pups and a guitar are not the same obviously. A direct recording media and device are. ;)

Back