Votes: 4 10.5%

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Another V30

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • other

Votes: 7 18.4%

• Total voters

threadkiller

Which is the best paired with a vintage 30 in a 2x12 cab. Playing style is classic rock, 80's, country, some blues. Not heavy metal. I'm one of those guys who can't buy a cable without an opinion, sorry. :LOL: :LOL:

G12T-75. I like it with V30's for 90's hard rock and things like that, It fills in the frequencies that the V30 doesnt have. :thumbsup:

Speak to Jim a la Scumback... He totally gave me the scoop on this very question!!

Mo/V.

Thanks, Keep em' coming. I was leaning to the classic lead 80 but then the 65 caught my eye. I'm planning to buy the equivalant from warehouse speaker. I have a g12H to pair with my v30 in one of my 212 cabs. For the other I was going to go with something different or even just 2 v30's because I'm a honky mid lover. I used to have g12-75 in a JCM 900 combo as a single speaker. All I remember about it was that it was chirpy and shrill so I had pretty much written it off, but maybe it would sound different in a closed back paired with a v30.

By the way, the reason I am doing this is that currently, I am running a 212 stereo cab with V30's on each side and I like the sound but I'm afraid I don't have enough power handling and might end up blowing them. I run 50W to each speaker, but rarely crank the level past about 1/3 on my power amp.

threadkiller":1n1ns0be said:
By the way, the reason I am doing this is that currently, I am running a 212 stereo cab with V30's on each side and I like the sound but I'm afraid I don't have enough power handling and might end up blowing them. I run 50W to each speaker, but rarely crank the level past about 1/3 on my power amp.

The power handling of a 212 will be double the rating of the lowest speaker. IE so if you have a 60Watt and 65Watt speaker, the cab power rating is 120Watts. If you have a 30Watt and 60Watt speaker in a 212, the cab rating is 60Watts.

So to increase the wattage of your cab, you would have to replace both vintage 30's with higher wattage speakers. Now one advantage if you do put say a CL80 and V30 in your cab, with the speakers wired in parallel, is if the V30 goes, than the CL80 should hopefully still be good and thus providing a speaker load on the amp.

blackba":sgrxqqo0 said:
threadkiller":sgrxqqo0 said:

The power handling of a 212 will be double the rating of the lowest speaker. IE so if you have a 60Watt and 65Watt speaker, the cab power rating is 120Watts. If you have a 30Watt and 60Watt speaker in a 212, the cab rating is 60Watts.

So to increase the wattage of your cab, you would have to replace both vintage 30's with higher wattage speakers. Now one advantage if you do put say a CL80 and V30 in your cab, with the speakers wired in parallel, is if the V30 goes, than the CL80 should hopefully still be good and thus providing a speaker load on the amp.

Sorry, I probably wasn't clear, I am running it stereo so each side of the power amp is going to 1 speaker. Currently 65W speaker on a 50W amp on each side. I've read that I need about twice the power handling that my amp puts out.

i use a V30 and GB in a 2x12.
i posted some vids doing a comparison a week or so ago...if you havent seen them already...

Back