Jet City 100w/100HDM vs 5150 II.

madrigal77":jwycptwm said:
What's your budget? I would recommend a 5153. It does everything the JCA and 5150II do, only better.

For what its worth , I had a 5153 for a while and it was a great sounding amp but I prefer the JCA . I much prefer the 5153 over the previous 5150s though .

Norton666":3thdu37q said:
madrigal77":3thdu37q said:
What's your budget? I would recommend a 5153. It does everything the JCA and 5150II do, only better.

For what its worth , I had a 5153 for a while and it was a great sounding amp but I prefer the JCA . I much prefer the 5153 over the previous 5150s though .

That's quite helpful, the 5153 is one of my all time favourite amps, it's much nicer than the 5150 II IMO.

How does the JCA 100 fare with Marshall cabs (t75)? That's what I've got at the moment but I'm hoping to upgrade to something with Eminence Cannabis Rex (patriot) speakers in it. It sounded great through the JC emi cab.

Tawlks":23hj260y said:
How does the JCA 100 fare with Marshall cabs (t75)? That's what I've got at the moment but I'm hoping to upgrade to something with Eminence Cannabis Rex (patriot) speakers in it. It sounded great through the JC emi cab.

I use a Marshall 1960A w/T75's. It works very well. I'm totally jonesin' for a Greenback loaded cab right now though - I think it would be a better cab for my JCA20 & Chupa.

I don't know. The Jet City amps seem trendy now especially for modders, but people who sell 5150's usually end up having remorse a few months down the road. I wouldn't, but that's me. What I WOULD do is get a different cabinet for it.

Chris O":3vnys25z said:
Tawlks":3vnys25z said:

I use a Marshall 1960A w/T75's. It works very well. I'm totally jonesin' for a Greenback loaded cab right now though - I think it would be a better cab for my JCA20 & Chupa.

You could pick up a Peavey 5150 cab for about $100, see if you like it. They get bashed a lot but the speakers are based on greenbacks.

JakeAC5253":20khhfx3 said:
I don't know. The Jet City amps seem trendy now especially for modders, but people who sell 5150's usually end up having remorse a few months down the road. I wouldn't, but that's me. What I WOULD do is get a different cabinet for it.

I do love my 5150. It sounds absolutely awesome, no doubt about it. But I'm in a modern prog rock band and I play in jazz outfits every now and again, the 5150 just isn't really suited to my playing.

I am the JCA owner bezo speaks of.
The amp is 4 resistor values off of a hot rod 100. i have tweaked the shit outta mine, but i am a nit picker. I have it voiced for the Sheffields and I tell yah what, It does EVERYTHING. Any sound i want i can get outta that amp. get ahold of me, I will hook you up with my mod guy and he can explain it. It covers 5150 all the way to country cleans. Keith Urbans Guitar player is using one, and so is the guy from A7X. Its that good.

Back