Marshall JCM 2000-DSL 401 combo

if it was like 250$ i'd do it, but 400$ is too much. They have all kinds of problems, and need serious repairs.

There was a bridge rectifier problem or something on the early ones, after a while they fixed it.

LOVE mine--never had any overheating problems--tone so good I sold my TSL602 (worst Marshall I've ever heard). Sounds especially awesome if you run it into an extension cab. Something about the EL84 grease just sounds plain nasty. Takes pedals extremely well. For $400, if it's in decent shape, I'd jump all over it. There's way worse 40W tube amps out there right now for double the price or more. There's a shootout vid on my YT channel between DSL 401 and HAZE 40.

I think that they are the best sounding marshall in the jcm 2000 range as far as tone. I had bought one new when they came out for $600 and it worked well for about 2 yrs, then the volume would drop or fade in and out after about 20 minutes of use. I retubed it and had a tech look at it an fix it, about a week later the issue returned, an it was getting expensive so I sold it as is. THey run very hot which I think causes poor solder joints on the board to fail etc. I have heard from some that marshall fixed these problems in the later run but I am not sure. I would like to have one if it worked and wasnt a lemon because the portability and decent tones for that price is a decent deal.

I wish I never sold mine.....for me it was the perfect 'throw in the car and go jam anywhere' amp.....plenty loud enough for all the venues I would ever play. Never had any reliability issues with it other than the footswitch was a piece of junk.....

They are not loud enough for a band type situation.

You will simply not be heard over the drums or another guitar amp

Back