New user presentation : Guillaume Pille from Two Notes

guillaume_pille

Dear all,

I had the opportunity to answer a few questions here about the Two Notes Audio Engineering products, but never took the time to do a little presentation of me and my company.

My name is Guillaume Pille and I live in the south of France, Montpellier. I graduate PhD in electronics, optronics and signal treatment in 2005 and had the opportunity to start the Torpedo Project in 2006. I created OROSYS, my company, in 2008, to hire the first members of the Two Notes team.

The first Two Notes product, the TORPEDO VB-101, was introduced in the french/european market in january 2009 and we had the chance to have very good reviews until now in all the press magazines and webzines. The product impressed a lot of pro and amateur guitar and bass players that decided to stay vintage for their effects and amp but to go high tech on the recording aspect of their job/hobby.

I am a humble guitar player as well, mainly involved in metal. I recorded a few albums for my bands and many for other debuting bands since I started my own electro-acoustical compositions in a conservatory's studio at 13 yo. 20 years later I'm still attracted by the world of machines, keyboards (I used to practice organ at the conservatory before starting guitar) and of course guitar gear !

I have plenty of stuff at the office but my main guitar rig is a customized Lâg Rockline, Jackson Dinky, Name Of sound DVL88 (custom made amp from my area), a Torpedo VB-101 for the miking and a Marshal Slash Signature 4x12 when I need it as a "stage monitor". I use a prototype Noise gate (the "shut the f.ck up !") but not that much effects.

I am very happy to discover this forum as my friends from Elmwood, Diezel, Wizard and others are already here !

Guys if you have any question regarding the Two Notes products (past and future) feel free to ask. My team is operational on the fields of software and hardware audio, so we may help as well on the electronics/computer questions.

My main philosophy regarding the audio gear :

1. Pick the right one to produce the sound you have in mind, even if you have for that to plug a Metal Zone directly in the mixer.
2. Talking about modelization, the goal for a designer is achieved when the guitar player (not the audience) doesn't even notice he's not playing on the actual stuff.
3. The gear is a means to an end. It's all about music.
4. Most of the time, 2K$ of guitar lessons is more valuable than a new 2K$ guitar stuff.

Salut Guillaume,

enchanté!

Awesome products, awesome NOS DVL amp (no Vigier yet?), and living in (close to) Provence - you must have an awesome life :D

Cordialement,

Olaf

Hi Chater-La and duesentrieb, thanks for the welcome message !

Very interesting bio there!

Thanks, by the way the most important part is when I decided not to make a lot of money on the telecommunication research business and go on that very small pro musical instrument market... ;)

You must have an awesome life

Should I mention I drive a small italian sport car where I put my funny Dalmatian dog, when I'm not traveling the world to present my work to a lot of gifted guitar/bass players and sound engineers ? ;)

Well, I spent a part of the night trying to resuscitate my hot water tank and this morning the cold shower wasn't that awesome... :LOL: :LOL:

Hi Guillaume,

I have a question regarding the free version: could you please share some easy settings for useage with a tube preamp direct?

Thanks,

Olaf

I have a question regarding the free version: could you please share some easy settings for useage with a tube preamp direct?

I will prepare something for you ASAP, but as a start, remember that you use the plugin as your power amp section with master level, followed by the speaker and the miking.

I will put something on the dedicated thread : http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=86749

Hi, welcome to the rig talk! I just downloaded your free software to give it a run.

Thanks, have fun with the PI-FREE. Again, if you need help please continue on the dedicated thread. ;) I think it may be interesting to concentrate the information on one thread rather than spreading the forum. ;)

Just a FYI, a major update is on it's way, nothing that will change the sound, it is mostly about compliance with the numerous sequencers on the market...

guillaume_pille":11ug9kph said:
I will prepare something for you ASAP, but as a start, remember that you use the plugin as your power amp section with master level, followed by the speaker and the miking.

I will put something on the dedicated thread : http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=86749

Chouette, merci.

It sounds very very cool (preamp direct), only when I add the "poweramp" section within the plugin it has way too much treble. Without it is fine, just wondering . . .

Thank you duesentrieb for this sample, what are your first thoughts ? I saw on your website that you have some samples of your gear made by miking a Marshall cabinet with a condenser microphone and maybe a VHT power amp. This setup is a little different from what you have in the PI-FREE but it's like you were able to get something decent anyway. ;)

So far, you're totally ace in my books Guillaume :thumbsup:

Welcome aboard, and thanks for the PMs :rock: :rock: :rock:

V./Mo

Back