Soldano SLO vs Diezel Einstein 100w

There is a video of these 2 head to head on YouTube. I kinda liked the Einstein in the shootout, but I've never played a SLO.

The Einstein is definitely more versatile feature wise.

Boy, thats too killer amps for sure..Either one is a totally pro. amp and can do no wrong.Ive owned both-A namm Einey, and a fully modded slo...The Einey for sure has more channels,and more options and may do the metal thing a tad better...How ever,the slo has a cut thru-rip your head off lead tone/voice that sits really well in a band mix.Ive had many compliments when Im taking solos on the slo-for its tone from some FOH guys..It also does a great clean/ and country/rock tone-maybe a tad better than the Einey in that regard.....Also consider that when the SLO made its debut,there wasnt a whole lot out there that had that much gain going on.Almost every other amp out there now a days has ridiculous amounts of gain on tap...not so when the slo came out.....I think theyre both great amps and if you take the stage with either one of those, youll be more than good to go.

ya i have a SLO just thinking of trading it for a Einstein. I play in a 80s metal style band and the SLO fuckn rips but i also to stoner rock/newer metal, sabbath/chains/carcass and the soldano just isnt balsy it enough, so if the einy could pretty much do both I might as well trade. Running it through either VHT fat bottom 4x12 or bogner slant 4x12

Two different animals IMHO.

Einstein has the versatility. SLO has the signature 80's metal sound.

Mo

soldanospwn":3mi2ijzf said:
ya i have a SLO just thinking of trading it for a Einstein. I play in a 80s metal style band and the SLO fuckn rips but i also to stoner rock/newer metal, sabbath/chains/carcass and the soldano just isnt balsy it enough, so if the einy could pretty much do both I might as well trade. Running it through either VHT fat bottom 4x12 or bogner slant 4x12

You should look at a CAA 3+ preamp. Mine will do the stoner rock vibe and has a great 80's vibe too.

i love the einstein but do they cut or do they get drownded out by like a 5150 or dual rec? because the tone is really great for metal and the cleans are perfect.

This is the best example of the Einstein ripping assh@les into the competition in a 'metal' style.

If you want to play stoner ala Natas, Zoroaster or Ufomammut, then you should consider buying an Orange. If you want to play Alice in Chains, Carcass and Sabbath with just one amp then you need something more versatile. Einstein can do this.
But SLO is also a pretty good amp and am sure you’re gonna miss it. Colour Haze are playing with an SLO.

2 different beasts for sure...mark knopler used the slo for years, Eddie used one too, so did clapton, and mike s. had a protoype made that SRV was gonna switch over to also, then- u got Demartini and carlos using slo's w/ ratt- me and "hard n heavy" saw that show and thier tone was some of the best tones weve heard....I used an Einey in a country rock band so theyll both cover a lot of ground...If you hav the funds- own both of em...I would also suggest that the soldano x-88r has 3 separate channels and gets very heavy too..lots of choices...best of luck..id be happy w/ either.

Little B":1lcoyvo4 said:
2 different beasts for sure...mark knopler used the slo for years, Eddie used one too, so did clapton, and mike s. had a protoype made that SRV was gonna switch over to also, then- u got Demartini and carlos using slo's w/ ratt- me and "hard n heavy" saw that show and thier tone was some of the best tones weve heard....I used an Einey in a country rock band so theyll both cover a lot of ground...If you hav the funds- own both of em...I would also suggest that the soldano x-88r has 3 separate channels and gets very heavy too..lots of choices...best of luck..id be happy w/ either.
Judging from your avatar, you're not the kinda guy to settle on 'either', it would seem :LOL: :LOL:

So I did make the trade! Lovin the Einstein, specially thru my new bogner 4x12! Deffinetaly do miss the voicing and cut of the SLO. I do really need both, the Einstein is just more of what I need now. LOTS OF CHUNK and bottom end :). My 80s metal band is kinda peaved but w/e.

Ventura":t7vufqwd said:
Little B":t7vufqwd said:
Judging from your avatar, you're not the kinda guy to settle on 'either', it would seem :LOL: :LOL:
LOL..I guess youre right on that one!...But i can tell I honestly love all of these amps and at any given time I could take any one and have a decent clean, crunch, and high gain choice to get me through the night at the local gig...I dont make big money at all, I just had to do some serious penny saving to get all these...but no regrets at all...Like the previous post said, if you can, have the einey AND a soldano--trust me- they sound really happening and cool together! :)

Apples and oranges, as as an Einstein owner; the SLO is a breathtaking amp.
The Diezel (for me) was more than a one trick pony.
The clean on the Einstein is never really spoke of; with a good chorus it is almost as shiny as my JC 120's.
The Einstein can (will) sound like ass with the the wrong cab/driver combination.
The SLO always sounds good via any cab/config; but I always think of it as a one tone amp.(Killer)
Both are great amps, but I wanted the Einstein.

The Einstein sounds MONSTROUS through my VHT fat bottom 4x12 and Bogner Uber 4x12 with v30s. HOLY SHIEEET does my rythm guitar player and his jcm 2000 halfstack hate me! :D

Great thread. Im looking at both as a compliment amp to my Bogner 20th shiva. From what Ive read here it seems like the SLO would be a better fit.

So how do the 2 clean channels compare? I need a really nice clean channel that doesnt break up.

RSRD":1vx576ye said:
Great thread. Im looking at both as a compliment amp to my Bogner 20th shiva. From what Ive read here it seems like the SLO would be a better fit.

So how do the 2 clean channels compare? I need a really nice clean channel that doesnt break up.
If youre talking bout the ch 2 cleans of the SLO paired up w/ your Bogner, Ive done that many times..Works great..albeit, my SLO has all the mods, and I often use the cleans w/ the scoop mod on...dont know if that helps any....

Back