Soldano SLO vs Diezel Einstein 100w

Thats the tough part about SLO's..to change it up a bit...I bought mine w/ all the mods but played a ton of slo's without the mods..I like all the mods, only wish the scoop mod would be for the high gain ch. also..I saw RATT a year ago and both Warren & Carlos were using SLos as thier main tone..I was with some other guitar players that night, and we all agreed thier tone was just rippin,tight,organic,full,and happening that night....went up to the stage afterwards and saw they both had VH-4s also, but wernt plugged into....Id be happy with either amp! LOL.

So they are endorsed by diesel but play SLOs behind ? I prefer the SLO myself but any guitar player worth their salt can get a v4 to sound really good. I just don't understand when ppl do that.

Cool story though!

So the guys at ratt just think they look cooler ?? I'm confused. Need.... More..... Coffee....

I use a 100 watt Einstein>2x12 with the ch 1 mode mod as my gigging rig. If your after a versatile beast with channel switching options for gigging I think the Einstein is your choice. I played a Hot Rod 50 with a GTO supercharger for a year or so and it was nice and I planned on upgrading to the SLO next till I came across the Diezel's :rock: Never had a SLO to play but they do sound titty. I'm sure you can dial in any tone with the SLO too, but the Einstein has better options for me. The 2 master volumes are awesome too :cheers:

Congrats on the trade! :rock: Still happy with the Einy? Here's that head-to-head in case you haven't seen it.

Yeah loving the Einy! fuckn rips! super chunky and ballzy, I like the darker voicing than the SLO. Running it thru 2 4x12 rules, just gonna suck moving it all to gigs lol. Got my eye on a soldano 50watt avenger here at long and mcquade. Just hope no one buys it :s

glassjaw7":1aatl70a said:
Congrats on the trade! :rock: Still happy with the Einy? Here's that head-to-head in case you haven't seen it.

Great A/B. I thought the ein sounded more brittle and sharper on the attack- overall. The SLO sounded more liquid and hand a bit more grind with a slower attack.

Great that u played the same riffs. Boring for some maybe but definitely much better to compare tone with.

Great demoing of two awesome amps!...Ive had both of these for quite a long while and the way I look at them is this: If ya need to take only one amp out to the gig tonight,either one will cover clean,dirty,and high gain very well...Of course the Einy has a 2nd master which is really cool,but its no biggie to put an xotic rc in the loop of the SLO for boosting(some folks like this better cause ya have some further tone control)--to each thier own.....Ive used the Einy for believe it or not, a ton of modern country/rock gigs, and just recently the SLO too..Both these amps dialed back a bit have great verge of clip tones....Also keep in mind the SLO demoed didnt have any mods. Mine has the mods and it greatly enhances tone and steps up the bar..The Einy probably has the "metal" edge,but keep in mind,the SLO has been out for darn near 30 years and Mike hasnt made an updated one yet..Thats saying a lot for a SLO to even remotely keep up w/ a beast like the Einy....Great thread guys!

Back