What pickups do you like to run with your Diezel?

itsme

Make/model, high-output/low-output?

I use Seymour Duncans. Low outputs. Pearly Gates set, Alnico II pro set, '59 set, and jazz/custom. They are all very low output, except for the custom which I use for down-tuned metal. I feel the low-outputs let me turn up the gain higher and retain clarity. They are very open. A lot of you guys have really good tones, what do you use and why?

I have EMG's and they sound broooootal but I think they are kind of harsh no matter what amp you use. Maybe that's the sterility people are always describing.

Anywhoo I plan on replacing them with bareknuckle pickups pretty soon. Either nailbombs, miracle mans or warpigs.

I use a duncan custom is the bridge and a 59 in the neck with my VH4. Only complaint is that the custom is a little..hrm...low mid heavy or something in my guitar. Dont get me wrong cause it still sounds super sweet. The 59 in the neck fricking kicks ass though. I can get super sweet cleans and a nasty crunchy high gain tone out of it.

I use a JB it sounds pretty sweet with the Herbert but I think it could be a little clearer actually, It is pretty clear but I've heard clearer and would like clearer, it has the perfect punch though. I'd like to try a Suhr pickup, because the Suhr's themselves sound friggin sweet with the Herbert. That might partly be with the guitar itself, but judging by the voice of the pickup, what I can tell of it anyway, it sounds REALLY good and I'm gunna have one soon to try out next pay period.

-Nick

Using a D-sonic 7 in my Musicman JP7 (bar towards bridge), liking it so far, nice and clear with a good balance. It's a touch noisier then the stock pickup was I think though. I'm looking forward to trying some Bareknuckle Nailbombs.

i love my emg 81's the best out of any pickup ive used in my diezel...though ive tried prs dragon I's in it ..and it sounded great too....ive also heard the d-sonic and it was cool...and a duncan hot rails....so far the hot rails was the next best thing to my emg's. id also love to try some bareknuckles in my guitars ..but i cant find them in north america. gonna have to wait till we tour england in may.

Lundgren M-7

Later will be using Lundgren M-8, if only my Blackmachine shall arrive. Drowning in anticipation...

...when it only shall arive. :roll:

It will be 884 model, which you can easily find from the Blackmachine's official web site.

I ordered and paid the deposit few months ago and I assume that the guitar will arive in April or May, but I do not know the exact D-day - unfortunately.

>|<>QBB<
i.ak":11328 said:
...when it only shall arive. :roll:

It will be 884 model, which you can easily find from the Blackmachine's official web site.

I ordered and paid the deposit few months ago and I assume that the guitar will arive in April or May, but I do not know the exact D-day - unfortunately.

884...Wicked!!! You must be stoked. I have a B-7 coming in March / April. :twisted:

I have a pair of custom shop Gibsons with '57's in them. Both guitars are stock and they sound superb through both the Herbert and the Einstein.
I have a LP with a Duncan '59 in the neck and a JB in the bridge and that guitar as well sounds really fine.
I have an inexpensive Switch guitar which is stock with humbuckers. I don't know what type, but they could be generic pups and it sounds fantastic through either Diezel.

I try to use only lower output pickups through higher gain amps as these seem to work best, allowing the amp to get the drive and tone rather then forcing higher output pickups through an amp that already does higher gain sounds.

C1 BJ: 59 + JB
C1 Stealth: 59 and Distortion
C1 Extreme: close to a JB
Strat: all JB jrs

I prefer the '59/Distortion.

Hi all! First post for me. I thought I am gonna say something here, because my pickups were not mentioned yet.
I use a PRS Tremonti treble and an Artist bass in my main axe. Sounds superrrrrrrr! From super clean to very heavy distortion. :prost:

Jackson Dinky: Seymour Duncan Distortion (Bridge)
Jazz(Neck)
Right now I really like the Jazz, even splitted going in the third mode of the first channel in my Einstein.
I also use a PRS with a Vintage Treble and Bass pickup which sound really nice and creamy.

>|<>QBB<
Hey_bert_whtcha_doin_bert":3f271 said:
I use a JB it sounds pretty sweet with the Herbert but I think it could be a little clearer actually, It is pretty clear but I've heard clearer and would like clearer, it has the perfect punch though.
That's one of the downsides of those high-output pickups. You could try a Häussel Tozz for example - but after all I don't think hot pickups are really necessary with the Diezels. You'll never need to crank the gain or bass to the max - no matter what pickup you'll be using.

Thats kinda why I want to try the Suhr DSH because its a little bit cooler(its 13k and the JB is like 16.4k) and has more mids, making it a punchy beast, and because its moderately high output it should still have a nice searing quality to it, and its smooth, at least it was that way in the Suhr guitar I played. I know one thing, its definitely clearer. Could you give me a link to this Häussel Tozz you mentioned? I guess I could search it. I'm down for trying anything once. The only problem I find with low output pick-ups is that most don't have the punch I want, although I've heard the Seymour Duncan EVH is pretty punchy and wouldn't mind giving it a go. Basically I want something thats smooth, clear, metal as hell with chimey cleans, I play Prog rock/metal, (I have a weird style and I tend to add different styles to my stuff so that is just kinda the best way to describe it) so punch, clarity, smoothness are tops on the list. I like to keep the pick-ups moderately high output because it seems they respond better to rolling back the volume and pick dynamics, and I mean moderate too, the JB is actually way too hot, but it's unique because it is pretty dynamic. So the 13k should be right up my alley I hope, please someone tell me if I'm talking out my butt, because this is just MY basic theory and I hope its right, it seems to be so far with all that I've played around with. :)

-Nick

Back