Got back from Voodoo Amps

neoclassical

I fought getting the update done to my modded Laney (the AOR mentioned in a couple other posts here) for a couple years. I was afraid the tone I was enjoying would disappear etc. With a little X-mas money burning a hole in my pocket, and a nap time dream telling me to call, a last minute saturday trip to the shop was scheduled. Once there, Trace and Anthony went overboard to help me, and talk gear and other stuff as usual. Watching them work is amazing. Simple stuff like getting the bend just right on a component's lead are truly a labor of love and done with precision and care! ~5 hours of tweaking, testing, more tweaking have me once again in tonal nirvana. Trace has once again worked his magic with my AOR. He even cleaned up the control cavity of my main axe. I left the shop with an amp dialed in to my playing, my guitar/pickup, my tuning, and my idea of great tone -this is the sound in my head and more. this amp has a MM output tranny, the feel control (amazing), mid-girth for that sweet mid boost, bottom control (push/pull version). Trace reworked this into the quietest, smoothest, and easiest to play amp I have ever owned. It's unfair how easy and sweet this beast is to play. It's all there from rolled back gain plexish tones, to 80's metal, to death metal with no hum and squeal. Tight lows, singing mids and the smoothest highs. I am so happy with this amp and the way the guys at voodoo treat me. the rest of the band took notice of the changes as well and are VERY impressed. If anyone is on the fence about getting work done at Voodoo Amps, just do it, you won't regret it, if you're one of the haters, you need to realize these guys are amazing, and do the best work I've seen or heard. Whether its this amp or the TSL they modded for me my tone gets compliments after every show because of Voodoo. Thanks Trace.

-Adam from Fenrismaw.

Adam it is always fun having players come to the shop while we work on the gear!! You are welcome to come here any time what so ever my friend.

Thanks so much Adam!!!
Trace Davis

Back