Allan Holdsworth

I honestly can't help but laugh every time I listen to Holdsworth... I honestly just picture some kid playing random notes all over a guitar... guy has it made, he can play anything and people gush over it... I just can't get into it...

...honestly an incredible player though.... but he will forever just sound like noise to me... and I love jazz guitar.

Mizati20":219bj2pc said:
I honestly can't help but laugh every time I listen to Holdsworth... I honestly just picture some kid playing random notes all over a guitar... guy has it made, he can play anything and people gush over it... I just can't get into it...

...honestly an incredible player though.... but he will forever just sound like noise to me... and I love jazz guitar.
It depends on the material. Some of it sounds genious to me, and some of it sounds exactly as you say.

soundchaser59":2l5vd3um said:
I don't know why anybody would say Allan doesn't know what he's playing. That last clip that zachman posted sounds to me like someone who is way above average in theory and structure. He definitely knows what he is doing, he can explain it in music theory terms, and then he can play what he explained.

Yep. He knows exactly what he's doing. To say otherwise is stupid.

Back