Strymon Mobius

Well this changes my choice in buying a flanger and my subtle unhappiness with my chorus. Wonder what price point they're looking at. Very interesting.

Well looks like I'll be selling that Lex I just bought last week. Timeline, Morbius, 2 expression peds and a ISP will be my new board. :rock:

A friend of mine just got the Lex and it's bloody awesome, I have no use for it, but would KILL for them to make a multi fx unit, maybe even a rack mount!

Imagine if they did a pitch device? I want that!

Look at the pre/post switch :

379122_10151281534941416_969800508_n.jpg

It looks like the pre/post mode will allow to have the Mobius both in front of the amp and in the loop, and I suppose with the possibility to choose for each preset pre or post. Like preset one : chorus in front, preset two : flanger in the loop.

If that's the case, it's brilliant :thumbsup:

I've owned a Timeline for 9 months now and it has been a be all end all pedal for me.
I will sell my my other modulation units and put it all on the Mobius. Save space, and I REALLY trust strymon. EVERYTHING I've heard from them is utterly amazing and this will be, without a doubt, just as good.

My personal favourite pedal company. Save for Kingsley, their Jester OD is a must have!

Reiep":4hjxiwx5 said:
Look at the pre/post switch :

379122_10151281534941416_969800508_n.jpg

It looks like the pre/post mode will allow to have the Mobius both in front of the amp and in the loop, and I suppose with the possibility to choose for each preset pre or post. Like preset one : chorus in front, preset two : flanger in the loop.

If that's the case, it's brilliant :thumbsup:

The only way I could see that is if the unit allowed you to use the left and right ins/outs as individual units. Meaning, if the pedal allowed you to run a patch using only the right ins/outs with the left off, and the other way. This was you could use the left ins/outs into your input and the right ins/outs into your FX loop. I've wanted a pedal like that for a long time and nobody would make anything like that.

Of course you lose stereo ability like that because there's just not enough ins/outs. But, the Timeline should have this ability as well, hopefully a revision is on the way becuase I like using delay out front and in the FX loop.

danyeo":dk2jhlpp said:
The only way I could see that is if the unit allowed you to use the left and right ins/outs as individual units. Meaning, if the pedal allowed you to run a patch using only the right ins/outs with the left off, and the other way. This was you could use the left ins/outs into your input and the right ins/outs into your FX loop. I've wanted a pedal like that for a long time and nobody would make anything like that.

Of course you lose stereo ability like that because there's just not enough ins/outs. But, the Timeline should have this ability as well, hopefully a revision is on the way becuase I like using delay out front and in the FX loop.

The most likely will add the option in one of their firmware updates. I'm looking for such a thing myself

blackba":37j68z1w said:
Looks cool, I am sure it will be pricey though, but you do get alot too.
In guessing about $499. But not only do you get a lot, Strymons stuff is, in the lack of better words, top shelf. I'm surprised it doesn't have reverb though.

Lriagan":fuz1bbs6 said:
blackba":fuz1bbs6 said:
Looks cool, I am sure it will be pricey though, but you do get alot too.
In guessing about $499. But not only do you get a lot, Strymons stuff is, in the lack of better words, top shelf. I'm surprised it doesn't have reverb though.

I am more surprised the Timeline does not have reverb. I don't see reverb really fitting on the Modfactor myself.

timeline_angle420.jpg

Destroyer is probably a bit crusher/downsampler. Quadrature may be a dimension d chorus.

adding the mobius to my TL and Bluesky definitely, still unsure if i wanna swap my katana and comp for an OB1 although it would mean free space on my board...

Back