CCV MIDI Control Set-up & Operation

drewiv":2g4wuw4n said:
On the contrary, they are quite small if you are comparing them to midi controllers such as the MidiMate and similar. If you're interested I can measure the RF3 & RF4 later. Also, they seem to be built really well. I have not had an issues with any that I have used.

Yes, that info would be nice to know. Thanks!

50MkII":2npcpjhk said:
drewiv":2npcpjhk said:
On the contrary, they are quite small if you are comparing them to midi controllers such as the MidiMate and similar. If you're interested I can measure the RF3 & RF4 later. Also, they seem to be built really well. I have not had an issues with any that I have used.

Will do. I'll post that information tonight.

50MkII":3kk50i4i said:
drewiv":3kk50i4i said:

Requested measurements:

RF3: 8" x 4" x 2"
RF4: 11" x 4" x 2"

So I bought a Tech 21 Midi mouse. I don't like the sound of the G-Major through the loop, it does something to the tone and adds noise to the signal. So I am back to pedals and am using the Midi Mouse to change channels and solo boost. I am a little confused by the posts above ( I always am confused) and have some questions regarding the CCV and midi. I have one of the first 20 Brad built Mark signed amps. The RJM midi controller on the board is 5 pin. The Midi Mouse does not work without a battery or power from the board. Is my CCV supposed to have phantom power in the midi connection?

Thanks!

guitarmike":2qpz0rv7 said:
So I bought a Tech 21 Midi mouse. I don't like the sound of the G-Major through the loop, it does something to the tone and adds noise to the signal. So I am back to pedals and am using the Midi Mouse to change channels and solo boost. I am a little confused by the posts above ( I always am confused) and have some questions regarding the CCV and midi. I have one of the first 20 Brad built Mark signed amps. The RJM midi controller on the board is 5 pin. The Midi Mouse does not work without a battery or power from the board. Is my CCV supposed to have phantom power in the midi connection?

Thanks!

Mike

You can adjust the FX loop on the trim pot if you pull the head out of the chassis, it comes set for pedals so you can adjust it up for FX level and it will sound better.

Thx Brad, I'll keep that in mind for the future. I kind like messing with different pedals right now so everything is good!

guitarmike":155huoop said:

Thanks!
The CCV does have phantom power. You need a 7 pin midi cable though. I hapen to have a nice 25' one that I had made with a right angle connector on one end of you're interested. ;)

I took the midi cable out of the "in" port on the amp and lo and behold there is a 7 pin connector. Thx Paul

Back