MXR Carbon Copy vs TC Electronic Flashback delay-my thoughts

donbarzini":2o9zxwgs said:
I have the most experience with delays than anyone here, the Flashback is one cool delay pedal, it stays. Corona Chorus was returned, too transparent and not enough Flesh.

I was actually wondering about the Corona pedal... I haven't really found a chorus yet that I wanted to keep on my board. So the TC offering is more of the subtle variety?

university81":2o9zxwgs said:
i haven't had an issue with the polytune in terms of readability, it's actually saved me on gigs where you have sun shining right on your board, great products imo

Well, I don't know. Standing upright, looking down on the pedal board, it's very hard for me to make out the red dots in the polyphonic mode. They're too small! And due to my contact lenses, I have to squint quite a bit and sometimes there's a corona around the dots which makes it even harder to read. No such problems with my Pitchblack tuner. My bandmate, who also wears contacts, felt the same way as I. Maybe I should just eat more carrots! ;) I've decided to keep the Polytune, though, since it's a well-built true bypass tuner and passes on up to 2A to other pedals! Definitely an option for a second pedal board or something like that.

sombersoul":3hoh5l9g said:
Well, I don't know. Standing upright, looking down on the pedal board, it's very hard for me to make out the red dots in the polyphonic mode. They're too small! And due to my contact lenses, I have to squint quite a bit and sometimes there's a corona around the dots which makes it even harder to read. No such problems with my Pitchblack tuner. My bandmate, who also wears contacts, felt the same way as I. Maybe I should just eat more carrots! ;) I've decided to keep the Polytune, though, since it's a well-built true bypass tuner and passes on up to 2A to other pedals! Definitely an option for a second pedal board or something like that.

the polytune dots are kinda small now that you mention it, not the easiest to see , i usually just use that for a quick tune check and then string by string , i think despite the cool polytune feature i still go back to going string by string low to high , force of habit, that's the hardest thing to get away from with the pedal

MiKeGTR":1ja0weoq said:
Has anybody tried running this pedal on batteries? I got mine today, love the pedal, works fine running on mains, but I'm having serious issues when using batteries. I thought it was just wearing them out real quick, but the pedal is being 'selective' and is cutting out when using batteries. Maybe I've got a faulty one. I DONT get this problem with my Boss DD3

any help :)?

MiKe
I have the same problem. I use mine in the loop and it makes the amp stutter. At first I thought it was the batteries, but I put in a new one and it did not work at all. I have just purchase an adapter for $20.00 I will see if there are any issue at next practice.

MARK1970":2wzpm1f0 said:
MiKeGTR":2wzpm1f0 said:
Has anybody tried running this pedal on batteries? I got mine today, love the pedal, works fine running on mains, but I'm having serious issues when using batteries. I thought it was just wearing them out real quick, but the pedal is being 'selective' and is cutting out when using batteries. Maybe I've got a faulty one. I DONT get this problem with my Boss DD3

any help :)?

MiKe
I have the same problem. I use mine in the loop and it makes the amp stutter. At first I thought it was the batteries, but I put in a new one and it did not work at all. I have just purchase an adapter for $20.00 I will see if there are any issue at next practice.

batteries won't last long with the pedal (10-15minutes from what i've heard) i guess it'd have something to do with it

richedie":9f5co0un said:
BOTH! I ended up with the Carbon Copy and Flashback on my board! :)

Same here. I use the Flashback in 2290 mode for short delays, it's on all the time. For smooth leads, I use the Carbon Copy, which is after the Flashback in the signal chain: nice dual delay type of sound.

:D Been thinking of a few pedals from TC -Vortex-corona-alter ego-flashbackX4-HOF reverb-and hmmm….

gbsmusic":1kj7b5ux said:
Try the 4X, you wont look back. The analog delay is a lot better one it.

Ditto! Just got these at my store, I thought I was gonna have to get a Flashback and Carbon copy, to have more than one delay and the CC's analog was so much better, but on the X4 its all there, plus you can switch between 3 settings and have an actual tap tempo switch. Next on my list. The 2290 w/mod, dotted 8th is pure 80s.

I run an El Cap and Timeline on my board and also own a Timefactor - complete delay addict. Had a Flashback for a while though; great pedal!

-C

Back